The Professional Services team’s mission is to enable a highly efficient, predictable and transparent supply chain by building robust data network between the Flexport core platform and our customer, supplier and carrier systems.
As a Flexport Solutions Engineer, you will be responsible for building B2B data integrations between the Flexport’s platform and those of our customers and key partners. You will be working with a myriad of clients, from fast growing startup brands to established enterprises, building high quality, reliable and scalable integrations.
What you will do:
- Become a technical expert in logistics space and develop a deep understanding of the Flexport platform
- Participate in customer/partner calls, understanding their requirements and articulating Flexport’s platform and API capabilities.
- Develop an understanding of EDI standards being used by our enterprise partners for logistics data
- Build robust and scalable integration solutions which are repeatable and easily supportable.
- Utilize an integration platform such as Dell Boomi to build reliable data integrations between Flexport’s APIs and our partner systems, while providing visibility and transparency to both technical and non-technical cross functional teams.
- Work closely with Flexport’s Product and Engineering teams, proactively surfacing technical gaps between customer asks and Flexport’s current service and technical capabilities, and collaborate closely to address them.
- Partner with Sales and Operations to help answer customer questions and scope the technical effort required to build integration solutions.
What you‘ll need:
- Minimum 5 years of software or technology experience with a minimum of 2 years experience as a solutions engineer or an integrations engineer working with B2B integrations with enterprise customers.
- A good understanding of and experience with integration standards and transports including SFTP, Soap/Rest APIs, AS2, XML, XSD, JSON and EDI.
- A good understanding of database concepts and fluency in SQL
- Prior experience building and deploying robust programmatic integrations with APIs in a production environment.
- Working knowledge of Agile frameworks either Scrum or Kanban
- Working knowledge of CI/CD pipeline solutions
- Experience implementing Software Testing Life Cycles (STLC) and the attention to detail to create high quality test cases
Extra points for:
- Demonstrated experience delivering solutions with enterprise integrations platforms such as Dell Boomi, Tibco, BEA, Mulesoft or similar
- Experience with integrating SaaS and on-prem ERP, Fulfillment, Order Management, or Warehouse Management systems
- Experience leading technical discussions with internal and external stakeholders, including customers’ technical teams and their system integrators.
- Prior experience building EDI integrations is a huge plus.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.