Help us grow Flexport Capital
Flexport helps more than 10,000 clients and suppliers lead all aspects of their supply chain operations. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3BN from investors that include the Founders Fund, Google Ventures, First Round Capital, Bloomberg Beta, Y Combinator, & Softbank.
With offices in three continents, Flexport is on a mission to fix the user experience in Global Trade. We are the first licensed freight forwarder and customs brokerage built around a modern tech stack. We help the world's fastest growing brands manage their international supply chains, providing a fully-managed service for moving products between any two places on the planet.
We're looking for a Head of Credit Risk for Flexport Capital, our rapidly growing lending business that is transforming working capital. You will lead credit decision-making and framework, improve and automate underwriting practice by working with Data scientists and engineers, and develop new financing products. You will also be a critical part of the puzzle as the team looks to bring on external sources of capital.
- Help Flexport take smart risks while improving upon and building new trade finance products
- With the help of Data, Product, and Engineering teams, assist with building the credit framework for automating underwriting and portfolio monitoring
- Oversee and lead the direction of our Capital Credit Team, whose main responsibility is underwriting deals and managing our growing portfolio
- Structure risk tolerance appropriately in tough situations
- Establish partnerships with data providers to improve data intelligence models
- Work closely with legal to ensure our documentation and procedures comply with commercial lending standards
- Help navigate difficult situations when they arise (with both internal and external stakeholders)
- Work with funding providers to add additional capital sources to our lending program
You should have:
- 12+ years experience in commercial lending, data science/analytics and FinTech or startup
- Expert in statistical modeling and predictive analytics
- Familiarity with different credit products and underwriting models
- Experienced in a fast paced environment
- BA/BS degree; MBA is a plus
- You’re able to lead teams and manage people successfully
- You’re extremely analytical, thrive in complex situations and can run through walls to get things done
- You have initiative, and always have a point of view
- You are a good team player and can coordinate across multiple teams
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation