Strengthen & Grow our Customs Business
Flexport is a platform for global trade. We are a licensed freight forwarder and customs brokerage built around a modern technology stack. We help some of the world's fastest growing brands manage their international supply chains, providing a fully-managed service for moving products between any two places on the planet. Started in 2013, we've now raised $1.3B from investors including Peter Thiel of Founders Fund, Softbank, DST, Google Ventures, First Round Capital, Bloomberg Beta, Felicis Ventures, Y Combinator, and more.
We’re looking for a Customs Manager to build and lead the team in our Playa Vista office. Ready to challenge the status quo? Keep reading!
What you'll do:
- Own all aspects of managing customs brokerage day to day operations
- Lead, mentor, and develop a small team of high performing customs professionals
- Quarterback any issues causing bottlenecks in operations flow
- Assist in classifying products and advise on document compliance and any additional data needed to process shipments, i.e. ADD/CVD, PGA, when required
- Assist in client on-boarding and customs bond processing as needed
- Own post entry management and assist with post summary corrections
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders in the development of operational efficiencies through automation
What you'll need:
- 5+ years of professional experience working on customs brokerage
- 2+ years of experience leading a team to success
- Strong people management skills as a motivator and coach
- Customs broker license (LCB) required
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Next-level attention to detail and follow-through
- High level of computer literacy. No paper. All digital.