We’re looking for a Trucking Procurement Operations Associate to help us create a new experience for trucking services. Within this role, you will work towards generating net revenue for destination services, create processes related to disputes, and manage the lifecycle of rates within our databases. You will serve as a generalist member of the team tasked with broad ranging responsibilities and will need to support junior members in their growth and development.
- Manage processes related to all trucking costs and partner with operational teams to ensure we are billing clients accurately and on time
- Project manage and implement vendor dispute tool that helps reduce billing errors while creating a clear and concise process for employees to follow
- Identify, instrument, and track key metrics to price and service quality of our team and vendor network
- Submit and track progress of bids for new business opportunities while maintaining market competitive rate databases
You should have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering, BBA or similar relevant area of study
- 3+ years of prior experience as a Supply Chain Solutions Analyst or in Supply Chain or TransportationConsulting and Research would be preferred
- Comfort in market research, building reporting tools and dashboards and working on process improvement
- Experience in building complex data models on Excel, developing macros and prior SQL knowledge is a must (added experience in Python a plus)
- Strategic thinking and ground floor execution — no job is too big or too small
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.