Create a growth environment by building a trade structure supporting commercial development for existing and new customers
Build a scalable trade lane structure for Flexport EMEA. With the immediate focus on existing and new markets in terms of procurement, carrier relationships and guidance to the commercial organization. As the head of ocean freight for EMEA you will be a key member of the EMEA leadership team as well as the global ocean leadership team. You will report into the global head of Ocean and Trucking for Flexport
- Manage a sizeable Ocean P&L and team across EMEA who will develop and maintain relations with ocean carrier partners including global and regional partners
- Manage a team who will execute Global Carrier Strategy and Development on Regional Trade Carrier Strategy
- Manage a team who will price to establish marketplace coverage
- Procure competitive market rates and manage allocations.
- Understand individual country requirements and negotiate accordingly through your team
- Be responsible for responding to tenders and RFQs to secure regional and global customers through your team
- Provide updated market information on carriers and trade situation
- Support Partnership management
- Actively support Flexport’s sales organization with market information, sales leads and joint sales visit
- Educate our teams with trade specific market knowledge and trade idiosyncrasies
- Have a deep knowledge center for all things Ocean Freight
- Scale ocean freight for the fastest growing region in Flexport.
What you’ll need:
- 10+ years of prior Ocean Freight experience at a top freight forwarder or carrier or 10+ years of supply chain consulting experience and a BA/BS Degree;
- Strategic vision and ground floor execution;
- In depth knowledge of the European markets for ocean freight
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills;
- An obsession with client happiness. You succeed when they succeed;
- Ability to travel locally, nationally and internationally;
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it;
- The desire to lead, train, and develop up-and-coming industry talent
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.