We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Our Finance Team supports and collaborates as a strategic partner to clients, partners and all internal departments. The company transacts around the world with an on-the-ground operations teams in North America, Asia and Europe. With thousands of shipments in motion over the globe, we need a highly-motivated FP&A Manager. As a member of the broader FP&A team, you will be a crucial part of decision-making in areas such as planning, resourcing, measuring success, approving investments, and more. You’ll get substantial senior leadership exposure, focus on the highest priority business issues, and be plugged into every facet of the business.
- Be reporting directly to the FP&A Team Lead
- Become the finance business partner to all leadership teams across the different departments. Assist senior leadership around the company to identify strategic initiatives and coordinate projects to address these opportunities / risks.
- Be an expert at building financial models and manipulating data to better understand the complex relationships in our business and evaluate the economic implications and trade-offs of various business actions. Recommend changes and develop frameworks that optimize for the overall health of the business.
- Provide analytics and insights around the end-to-end customer life cycle including operations, marketing, customer acquisitions, customer lifetime value, customer profitability and return on investment
- Lead planning and forecasting activities with business partners including highlighting major assumptions and their effects on the plan and forecast, and performing sensitivity analysis. Manage OPEX planning and tracking of spend on a department level against the plan.
- Report and provide in-depth analysis to key leaders including monthly Actuals vs. Forecast / Budget, Risks & Opportunities, and commentary
- Strong problem-solving ability combined with impeccable business judgment and ability to communicate clearly and influence leadership teams.
- Effectively communicate with team members and cross functional partners including Ocean, Network and Operations
- Coach, mentor, and develop team members as required
- Support ad hoc queries
What you’ll bring:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting or related field required
- 6+ years of progressive experience in FP&A (Adaptive Insights strongly preferred)
- Strong financial modeling and MS Excel skills required, SQL and Looker experience an advantage
- High attention to detail and accuracy and strong analytical skills required
- Proactive, self-motivated, can work autonomously and take initiative to learn
- Articulate and persuasive communication skills, both written and verbal
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.