Use your NetSuite skills to transform Flexport’s finance processes.
Flexport is transforming its finance processes and controls to build the foundation for future capabilities and automation. We are looking for an experienced NetSuite professional to join the growing Finance Systems Group. This role will provide administration and support for our NetSuite environment, including participation in new and existing integrations with our internal operations software and third-party software. This role reports to the Lead Finance Systems Architect and will work closely with software engineers, data engineers, finance teammates, vendors, and other stakeholders. The ideal candidate will bring their experience from past ERP configurations and implementations to contribute to the development of a best-in-class financial system for a rapidly growing unicorn in the freight industry.
- Provide administrative and data support for NetSuite and other systems (35%)
- Perform day-to-day operations, maintenance, and support tasks for ERP applications and related systems
- Administer and configure NetSuite to meet company requirements for month-end close, procure-to-pay, quote-to-cash, and record-to-report functions
- Refine and maintain master data structure and master data, including segments, item records, customer records, vendor records, and transaction attribution
- Enforce compliance with security, data integrity, and internal control policies
- Improve functionality, add customization, and roll out new features with NetSuite (35%)
- Create, customize, and manage NetSuite fields, workflows, custom objects, custom records, scripts, reports, saved searches, dashboards, etc.
- Perform updates, integrations, and configurations related to internal and third-party software, such as Workato, Concur, and Coupa
- Troubleshoot accounting and finance data issues (30%)
- Take a hands-on approach to investigating and diagnosing issues related to accounting processes and events
- Be able to understand, articulate, and document needed customization, reports, and capabilities to mitigate future issues
You should have:
- At least three to five years of hands-on experience in NetSuite as an Administrator and/or Business Systems Analyst and/or ERP Consultant
- Familiarity with NetSuite custom record types, fields, forms, roles and permissions, page layouts, searches and reports, and the NetSuite data model
- Skills in developing and modifying searches and reports (including SQL query experience)
- Familiarity with the procure-to-pay, quote-to-cash, and record-to-report processes
- Knowledge of accounting functions, including Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, General Ledger maintenance, recognition of revenue and expense, treasury operations, and separation of duties
- NetSuite Administrator Certification preferred
- Experience with SuiteAnalytics, SuiteScript, SuiteBuilder, and/or SuiteTalk a plus
- Bachelor’s degree
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation