Exciting Advisory Opportunity to Help Make Global Trade Easier
Flexport is experiencing massive growth with 1,700+ Flexporters across 17 global offices and warehouses. And we’re just getting started. With revenue growing at breakneck speed, Flexport is looking for a Trade Advisory Manager on the East Coast to join our Trade Advisory team. In this role, you’ll be responsible for managing a team of associates, growing our business and helping our clients navigate the complex web of global trade alongside some of the smartest people in the advisory, customs and logistics industries as we collectively challenge the status quo and reduce friction in global trade.
- Do whatever it takes to help our clients to resolve trade related questions and problems.
- Strive to create an agile technology focused high performance culture.
- Manage a team and be a proactive leader to build and grow Trade Advisory services.
- Independently own a portfolio of clients and projects and be responsible for execution and reporting relevant metrics.
- Use creativity to improve operational efficiency, leadership communication, and revenue growth.
- Research trade related matters such as tariff classification, valuation, country of origin, trade remedies, and free trade agreements.
- Prepare client deliverables including memos and presentations.
- Monitor client deadlines and prepare submissions to CBP.
- Maintain active communication with clients, CBP and internal stakeholders.
- Proactively stay informed on the latest CBP and OGA regulations, ruling issuances, and industry trends that are relevant to our clients.
- Organize and execute internal and external trade related communications.
- Support Trade Advisory infrastructure and administrative requirements.
You should have:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university.
- Licensed Customs Broker highly desirable, J.D. or graduate degree preferred
- 5-7 years trade related experience working in house, at customs brokerage, consulting or law firm preferred.
- 2-4 years experience managing associates, projects, and business metrics.
- Strong technical and business writing skills.
- Public speaking and presentation skills, including experience with webinars, training sessions, and client facing presentations.
- An advanced command of tariff classification, valuation, duty minimization and avoidance strategies, government regulations and rulings, and other trade information.
- Strong interpersonal skills and detail-oriented with superior organizational, multi-tasking, and problem-solving skills.
- Expertise with Microsoft Office suite and Google equivalents.
- High level of computer literacy. No paper. All digital.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.