Build and support the systems, tools, and infrastructure to help Flexport grow.
Flexport is looking for an IT Support Technician who is passionate about providing an amazing customer experience while delivering outstanding technical support. Our team works cross-functionally with our partners in IT Operations Engineering, Security, People Ops, Workplace, and other teams to coordinate work, handle ticket escalations, and resolve issues. We onboard new employees, provision new hardware, provide hands-on support, and adhere to security standards for all Flexport employees globally. Ultimately we are responsible for supporting Flexport around the world, in over 12 offices in 6 different countries.
You will be a customer service and support evangelist, working full time at our help desk and assisting our customers via in-person walkup, support tickets, email, or chat as needed. You must love building relationships, both with customers/business partners, and IT team members alike. You need to be passionate about IT end-user support, have a background in Mac software and hardware troubleshooting, and are hungry to learn enterprise IT from the ground up.
- Provide support in-person at our IT Help Desk, full time, during normal business hours
- Focused primarily on in-person and remote support while monitoring requests via our ticketing system, email, and chat
- Build and configure new hire laptops
- Work with employees to perform computer upgrades and migrations
- Process returned assets and prepare them for reuse/recycle
- Provision and track loaner systems
- Deploy and configure VOIP phones
- Provide first-tier support for AV issues
You should have:
- Experience at providing technical support, and a love for solving problems.
- A high level of professionalism and passion for customer service.
- A focus on the details, including maintaining and updating IT documentation and procedures.
- An appreciation of the importance of asset inventory and how to maintain an organized service desk.
- A love of standardization with an understanding that consistency and adherence to best practices will help any organization scale.
What you’ll need:
- 1 - 2 years experience of IT Support in a professional environment
- Some experience with support ticket management and tracking
- Strong customer service, problem-solving, and teamwork abilities
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Basic knowledge of Mac OS, Windows 10, iOS, and Android
- Network fundamentals (laptop connectivity, VPN, printing)
- Familiar with GSuite and Microsoft
- Basic knowledge of audio/video troubleshooting and support
- Ability to participate in a support schedule that may include after-hours and weekend support
- Some heavy lifting required
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one
- with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated, and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, creed, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.