Director, Compensation Strategy & Operations
We’re reinventing global trade.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone.
Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering more than 40,000 buyers, sellers and their logistics partners with the technology and services to grow and innovate. Companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—used Flexport technology to move nearly $19B of merchandise across 112 countries in 2021
At no other time has the global supply chain been more relevant -- or operated in more volatility -- as today. Through a robust thought leadership program we’ve put Flexport in front of decision makers and influencers as well as mainstream America via features in Forbes, Fast Company, Mad Money, New York Times, and the All In Podcast to name a few.
Now it’s time to deepen that story with a better understanding of how Flexport will change the game. We’re seeking a Director, Compensation Strategy & Operations to drive the strategic design and execution of Flexport’s global compensation programs.
- Drive global compensation programs (base salary,corporate bonus, equity programs and recognition) in line with business needs and values. Provideflexibility and local customization to account for cultural, legal and market differences
- Partner with the VP, Total Rewards to manage all executive compensation initiatives including closepartnership with external consultancy partners in preparation for the Company’s IPO and managing thedeliverables for our quarterly Compensation Committee meetings
- Oversee all annual and semi-annual compensation processes including the mid year and annual pay reviewcycle and salary structure updates
- Partner with the VP, Total Rewards and the Executive Leadership Team to develop, implement and keeprelevant - a compelling and competitive pay strategy for a hybrid work from home/office employee base
- Manage and develop a team of compensation professionals potentially located in the major markets of theCompany - accountable for the day to day management and administration of Company compensationprograms to ensure consistency and adoption of best practices
- Oversee projects focusing on the key compensation initiatives such as compensation strategy redesign andimplementation, market benchmarking, career path/ladder formation and the design of short term and longterm incentive compensation programs
- Collaborate with a high level of influence across functional leadership groups to ensure compensation plansand policies are developed and communicated effectively. Encourage innovative solutions and non-siloedthinking across functional areas. Partner with external vendors as required
- Evaluate market dynamics and new business-driven requirements, such as market pricing pivots to address“hot” jobs in the market and creating new policies and processes accordingly. Maintain subject matterexpertise on existing and and proposed statutory compensation requirements and recommends appropriatecourse of action
- Function as a member of the Total Rewards leadership team (along with the Director of Sales IncentivePlans and Director of Benefits) to present one cohesive compensation, benefits and reward strategy for thethe Company
You should have:
- Minimum 10 years of broad compensation experience (base, bonus, equity and executive programs) with progressively increasing responsibility and complexity in a fast paced environment - preference for experience in the technology sector
- Experience in leading global or large region compensation initiatives and the ability to scale your thinking and expertise to support a fast paced rapidly growing enterprise
- Proven managerial experience with the capability of developing and motivating staff
- Demonstrated professional business acumen, collaboration and relationship building that translates short and long-term strategy into actionable and measurable plans
- Strong quantitative skills including advanced excel skills to model various compensation scenarios
- Demonstrated experience of successfully executing against tight deadlines and proactive issue resolution
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Data Services
- Flexport 飞协博生态系统
- Hong Kong Warehouse