Build the user experience that powers global trade
We are looking for a product manager to create world-class customer experiences that progress the evolution of global trade. With a customer-first mindset and deep empathy for customer needs, you will work alongside a team of highly-skilled engineers, designers, data scientists and freight forwarding experts in building the interface between our customers and the movement of their goods. The products you build will empower our customers to optimize their end-to-end supply chains and run more successful businesses.
- Work closely with our Business, Operations, and Technology teams to contribute to a product strategy and roadmap building the best Freight Forwarding platform in the industry
- Work with a cross-functional team of designers, engineers, and operations to bring the product vision to life
- Become a domain expert: dive deep to understand the market, domain, competitive landscape, and how Flexport can change it all from the ground up
- Understand customer and business needs, write clear stories to help designers and engineers execute fast, and jointly make rapid progress building products that count
- Innovate and launch features quickly and incrementally
- Make data driven decisions and implement metrics to manage your team’s progress and impact
- Be a strong voice for your team, communicating feature releases and managing expectations with stakeholders inside and outside the company
- Add to our product culture and continuously improve Flexport’s product processes
You should have:
- 3-5 years experience as a Product Manager
- A track record of creating design-led world-class customer experiences
- Technical competence; might not be an expert, but can talk shop with the best of them
- Experience collaborating with and inspiring engineering teams with a focus on accelerating development velocity
- Web application development experience
- Excellent communication with the ability to convey ideas effectively, listen intently, write strong product requirements, and drive consensus across functions and teams.
- Crystal clear communication and presentation skills, with a bias toward over-communication and inclusivity
- Ability to deal with ambiguity—given an open-ended task, you can great work with minimal supervision
- Strong command of English and Mandarin
- A bachelor’s degree, or equivalent
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience scaling in hyper growth mode
- Industry experience in trade policy, freight forwarding, logistics, or similar
Employee Applicant Requirements
- Employees need to be in good performance standing before they can be considered for a new role.
- Please talk with your current manager before applying to this role.
- Be prepared to share the following information;
- Goals for taking on the new role;
- Any success drivers you feel are relevant; and
- Why you’ll add value to the team on day one.
Internal Opportunity Principles
- We empower our employees to find career opportunities by creating transparency for all open roles and making decisions in a fair and timely way.
- We play the long game and are dedicated to providing opportunities at the right time in the business cycle to make sure our customer’s experience is protected. All squad positions will remain in place during peak season of September-December.
- Flexport employees are our most valuable asset and should have a positive experience when being considered for an internal opportunity.
- We will adjust your compensation to align it with the salary range for that role and local market. We will offer relocation assistance if you relocate to another office.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Want to learn more about internal movement at Flexport? Check out this page!