Senior IT Support Engineer
Build and support the systems, tools, and infrastructure to help Flexport grow.
Flexport is looking for a Senior IT Support Engineer who is passionate about providing an amazing customer experience while delivering outstanding technical support. Our team works cross-functionally with our partners in IT Operations Engineering, Security, People Ops, and other teams to coordinate work, handle ticket escalations and resolve issues. We onboard new employees, provision new hardware, provide hands-on support, and adhere to security standards for all Flexport employees globally. Ultimately we are responsible for supporting Flexport around the world, in over 12 offices in 6 different countries.
You will be a customer service and support evangelist, assisting our customers via in-person walk-up, support tickets, email, or chat as needed. You will work closely with IT staff to maintain IT support documentation, manage multiple IT queues and help to handle ticket escalations from our global IT Support team. You love building relationships with customers, business partners, and IT team members alike. You are passionate about IT end-user support, have an excellent background in Mac software and hardware troubleshooting, and are hungry to learn and grow in an Enterprise IT environment.
- Provide support at our IT Help Desk during business hours
- Perform hardware repairs, upgrades, and migrations
- Resolve problems in a timely manner or escalate on behalf of customers to senior technical staff
- Provide support to our executive staff and senior leadership
- Travel to support our distributed offices and locations
- Support endpoint security standards (antivirus/firewall/patching/two-factor authentication)
- Handle system access and maintain user accounts, passwords, data integrity & security
- Assist with the on-boarding process, prepping and deploying systems, while leading our new hire orientation
- Manage the asset life cycle process, maintaining hardware inventory, accurate cycle counts and decommissioning processes
- Support our Global Office Expansion team, staging hardware and working with vendors to deliver goods
- Help to evaluate hardware and software solutions and participate in IT projects
- Assist Global network team with mainland China connectivity
You should have:
- Experience in providing technical support in an Enterprise environment and a love for solving problems
- A high level of professionalism and passion for customer service.
- Comfort in working with and supporting all levels of an organization, up to and including company executives
- Enthusiasm and desire to learn and continuously develop your technical skills
- An appreciation of the details, including maintaining and updating IT documentation and procedures.
- Extensive experience in documenting the status of cases and providing updates to customers, the global IT team, and leadership
- An understanding of the importance of inventory management, the asset lifecycle, and how to maintain an organized help desk
- Past experience in being a part of both a global and local team
- A love of standardization and an understanding that consistency and adherence to best practices will help any organization scale.
- Experience with global network connectivity in Mainland China
What You’ll Need:
- Minimum 7 years experience in IT Support in a professional environment
- Experience using and managing ticket-based enterprise workflow management systems, particularly JIRA and other Atlassian products.
- Strong customer service, problem-solving, and teamwork abilities
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Extensive Technical knowledge of MacOS, 10.12.x, 10.13.x, 10.14.x, iOS, and Android
- Advanced knowledge of Windows 10
- Network fundamentals (laptop connectivity, VPN, printing)
- Experience administering GSuite for Enterprise (Gmail, GCal, GDocs, etc)
- Experience with video conferencing solutions and support (Zoom)
- Experience with VOIP systems (Dialpad)
- Experience with global network connectivity in Mainland China
- Ability to participate in an on-call rotation that includes after-hours and weekend support
- Willingness to travel to Flexport offices around the world
- Some heavy lifting required
- Written and verbal fluency in English and Mandarin
What can help:
- Apple Certified Macintosh Technician (ACMT)
- Experience with Windows, Linux, and virtual machines.
- Ability to support and assist employees using AV systems, both on-site and remote
- LDAP, Active Directory, and Okta experience
- Atlassian administration experience (Jira, Confluence, etc)
- Experience in endpoint management frameworks (JAMF, Munki, MDM, Chef, Chocolatey)
- Experience with Meraki Networking including WiFi, Palo Alto Network Firewalls, Support of other Enterprise-Level Wireless Platforms. Internet Connectivity troubleshooting skills (PING, traceroute, DNS testing, WhoIS lookups, ISP ticket submission), Network certification (ie CCNA)
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital, and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one-week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.