FLEXPORT REGIONAL SECURITY MANAGER - Europe
Flexport is a fast paced, growing environment where you will be motivated to add to your current skills and accomplishments, as well as provide recommendations and suggestions based on your expertise in the security field, This role will report to the Head of Global Physical Security.
- Fluent in English, Reading and writing.
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with travel security and journey management in EMEA.
- Extensive operational security knowledge and experience in the EMEA region.
- Comprehensive knowledge of physical security technology, specifically S2
- Experience in supply chain incident management and handling complex theft investigations.
- Supervises the coordination of physical security policies ensuring all Flexport facilities, including (subcontracted) warehouses are compliant with all supply chain certifications in which Flexport participates, including TAPA, C-TPAT, AEO, RA and others.
- Realistic outlook on security and the security function.
- Represent Flexport in local Security knowledge groups and with local authorities.
- Very strong communicator, both written and verbal.
- Provide additional tasks, services as required or delegated by the Head of Global Physical Security or his/her designee.
- Strong presentation and persuasion skills of complex issues, both verbal and in writing
- Ability to think both strategically as well as operationally
- Ability to maintain professional demeanor under stressful situations
- Strong problem solving, decision making and conflict resolution skills
- Oversee Transportation Security and Facility Security requirements within the region. Work alongside Network Operations, Transportation, Partner Team and Regulatory Compliance to ensure continuity of PhySec program.
- Produce metrics and reporting on assigned region, incidents reports and other reporting and projects as assigned. Ensure responsibilities lineup with assigned organizational priorities and OKR’s.
- Coordinate with other European regional heads to ensure alignment of global programs.
- Ability to travel between all countries within the assigned region.
- Strong background in supply chain security management.
This role will require the incumbent to be:
- Customer Focused - Knowledgeable of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized internal and external customer solutions.
- Ability to be a self motivated individual that can undertake their role autonomously with global direction.
- Managing Risk - Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business and activities to ensure they adhere to and support Flexports overall Security Management Framework and Corporate Security Processes.
- Travel to other locations as needed.
Effective Communications - Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors. Strong writing skills and public presentation skills.
Personnel Security - Knowledge of, and ability to implement, the measures necessary to safeguard Flexports employees and visitors. Understanding of Threat Management and Workplace Violence training and prevention.
Premises/Physical Security - Knowledge of and ability to employ required tools, techniques and technologies to minimize losses due to breaches of physical premises security. Knowledge of access control and CCTV system technology, (S2) and general vendor management. Knowledge of supply chain security procedures and experience with TAPA and C-TPAT compliance.
Incident Response- Experience responding to and managing crisis and incidents including severe weather, power outages, crimes, pandemics and other business impacting occurrences.