Flexport’s Data Authority team delivers the data foundation for all freight forwarding applications at Flexport. Join the team that is modeling global trade and help expand and deliver our data platform within Flexport and across the vast network of customers. As a product manager for the Data Authority products, you will set and execute a roadmap to help us build the operating system for global trade and empower our customers to create a new class of data products.
- Own and deliver complex features and products that will make Flexport the single source of truth for global trade information.
- Coordinate and prioritize the roadmap between Engineering, Business Operations, and Customer needs.
- Lead and participate in research with internal and external customers to identify your customers and their needs.
- Become a domain expert with a deep understanding of the trade landscape to acquire real insights using our data.
- Communicate and evangelize our vision and mission across product teams and internal business partners.
You should have:
- A bachelor’s degree in a technical field (Engineering, computer science), or equivalent.
- 3+ years as a Product Manager, preferably working with data platforms or enterprise-grade products.
- Clear communication and presentation skills and the ability to articulate your product vision and rally stakeholders around it.
- Experience in driving measurable impact through cross-functional leadership and setting meaningful KPIs.
- Track record of succeeding in collaborating and managing multiple stakeholders to execute timelines and build consensus.
- Eagerness to influence and elevate the PM team by identifying process improvements and mentoring others.
Flexport believes global trade can move the human race forward. Our mission is to make global trade easier for everyone. To achieve this, we’re building the “Operating System for Global trade” — a combination of modern, internet era technology & data analytics; logistics infrastructure; and supply chain expertise.
Flexport connects ~10k clients and suppliers across >100 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Founded in 2013, we've raised >$1.3B from SoftBank, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and YC. We’re excited to start seriously scaling up after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank’s Vision Fund early this year.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.