Build and manage Global Tax at Flexport.
Our Finance and Accounting Team collaborates as a strategic partner to clients, partners and all internal departments. The company transacts around the world with on-the-ground operations teams in the US, EU and APAC. As our revenue and business complexity grows, we need a highly-experienced Tax leader to build out and maintain all things tax at Flexport.
- Own and direct all aspects of taxation with the company, including: strategy, planning, financial reporting, and compliance
- Prepare or review all assigned U.S. and foreign corporate income tax, indirect tax, and information returns
- Oversee the tax returns for the Company’s international subsidiaries
- Be responsible for accounting for income taxes (ASC 740) in the US and International subsidiaries
- Coordinate accounting for income taxes for international subsidiaries with third party vendors
- Head the development of effective and operationally sound tax strategies to reduce the overall tax burden of the consolidated group of companies
- Develop and maintain inter-company arrangements between subsidiaries
- Be responsible for transfer pricing and management fee arrangements
- Partner with the payroll function for all employee-related tax issues, including payroll taxes, T&E, and stock-based comp
- Partner with the global mobility team to advise on employee relocations
- Manage and direct outside tax consultants
- Coordinate with external auditors
You should have:
- Minimum of 12 years of experience working in a Big 4 public accounting firm, law firm, and/or multi-national public company corporate tax department
- Freight forwarding industry experience preferred, but not required
- The ability to think strategically while also engaging in day-to-day tactical details
- Experience and successful performance of international tax planning, compliance, and return preparation for both US and International locations
- Skill in developing and execution of tax planning and risk reduction strategies
- Strong project management skills
- The ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- Excellent attention to detail and strong problem solving skills
- Strong understanding of U.S. federal direct income tax issues
- An understanding of indirect and international tax
- CPA a plus
- Masters in Tax or Juris Doctor / LLM a plus
- Passionate about tax, finance, logistics and international trade!
We believe trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers and their logistics partners with the technology and services to grow and innovate. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.