Build the Platform that powers global trade
Trade is highly collaborative, with multiple parties interacting across the globe. Our vision is to unite modern technology with human collaboration to raise the access and quality of trade. We want to make trade accessible to all. You will be a part of solving some of the toughest challenges in the industry.
Join us in innovating and automating the Freight Forwarding experience for global internal and partner Operators where we deliver the right work to the right people at the right time, becoming the most cost efficient service providers in the industry.
- Work with a cross-functional team of designers, engineers, and operations specialists to bring the product vision to life.
- Become a domain expert: understand our various user operation personas and the work involved to move freight across air, land, and sea.
- Understand customer and business needs, write clear stories to help designers and engineers execute fast, and jointly make rapid progress building products with meaningful impact.
- Be a strong voice for your team, communicating feature releases and managing expectations with stakeholders inside and outside the company.
- Add to our product culture and continuously improve Flexport’s product processes.
- Work with a global team across San Francisco, Chicago, Shenzhen and Amsterdam.
You should have:
- At least 2 years of product management or relevant work experience.
- Passion, curiosity, and willingness to face challenges and solve problems.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity - given an open-ended task, you can deliver impactful work with minimal supervision.
- Empathy for end users - partner with Design team to craft intuitive workflows that improve our user experience and satisfaction.
- Great communication - You are able to communicate effectively, write strong product requirements, and drive consensus across functions and teams.
- Technical competence – you can discuss API’s and services with the engineering team (you don’t need to be able to code).
Bonus if you have:
- Logistics or a SaaS Mid-Market / Enterprise product experience
- Experience working at a company that has scaled quickly
- Experience working with an international team
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated, and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, creed, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.