Flexport is building the platform for logistics. Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone and to unite the world in a seamless web of global trade. As the Global Head of Operational Excellence, you are designing the future of the freight forwarding application.
This is a highly complex role with global cross-functional scope across multiple logistics, trade and financial services, and foremost - a hybrid between business and technology. In the past 7+ years, Flexport has built the leading user experience in global logistics. The next step is to define the leading standard for cost and quality.
- Lead the Global Operations Strategy and Excellence program by designing the vision and blueprint for the end-to-end global freight forwarding operations
- Define the operational roadmap towards our vision by setting and aligning priorities and goals with business and technology leaders to achieve service quality and efficiency targets
- Drive end-to-end operational process redesign across functions - including Customer Solutions, Supply Chain Operations, Trade Lane Management, Finance, Customs, Compliance and Data Services - for all modes and across Flexport teams and partners
- Drive the collaboration with Software Design, Product, and Engineering leadership to turn operational vision into a highly automated reality
- Support global business leaders to achieve their cost and quality targets by providing methodology, best practices, tools, and resources to drive continuous improvement
- Lead change management through creating a high motivation culture of experimentation, iteration, and rapid decision making - leading to high performing teams and continuous improvement
- Lead internal communication rhythm to effectively provide updates of progress, performance, key issues, and blockers that may impact business attainment or critical program and project completion
- Lead a professional team of program and project managers to engage in strategic planning, align priorities, drive execution of key initiatives/operations improvement, and scale best practices
You should have:
- 15+ years of experience in operations and operational excellence roles in the supply chain or logistics industry in North America, Asia, and Europe
- The ability to design, develop, and implement a visionary operating roadmap (process and automation) for a global, multi-product network business
- Demonstrated proficiency in product development lifecycle and experience in translating business requirements into systems and product roadmaps together with Design, Product, and Engineering teams
- Proficiency in setting priorities through a robust ROI framework that bridges business needs and platform requirements
- Deep appreciation for W.E. Deming and Toyota Production System
- Demonstrated proficiency in driving continuous improvement with all levels in the organization. You lead through influence with strong stakeholder and program management skills
- Excellent communication skills - you like to keep things simple
We believe trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers and their logistics partners with the technology and services to grow and innovate. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.