The role of the Trucking procurement associate is a critical part of making Flexport’s mission to make global trade easy for everyone a reality. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries. In this role, your direct customers are the CST/SCO within your region, Finance operations, subcontractors, and trucking providers. Your work directly supports Flexport’s end customers in achieving their logistics goals. Most importantly, you will play a pivotal role in building the extensive trucking network at Flexport Asia: allowing us to effectively scale to achieve our mission of making global trade easier for everyone.
What you'll do:
- Execute & further develop Flexport trucking network for all Asia regions.
- Execute trucking partner onboarding, including commercial, operational, legal, and compliance.
- Maintain procured rates and conduct SRT;
- Work with different stakeholders (e.g. global pricing team, TLM, partner team, etc.) for global bidding, RFQ
- Trucking partner performance management execution on a regular basis, e.g. KPI monitor, support business review with trucking partners, dashboard management, etc.;
- Support sales team and CST for new business opportunity;
- Support capacity planning for special projects and/or peak season operation;
- Reporting, including volume, allocation, performance, cost/pricing, etc.;
- Build and maintain day-to-day relationships with our trucking partners.
Trucking operations responsibilities:
- Support CST/SCO OPS team for trucking-related issues;
- Escalation point of origin trucking if CST/SCO need any support or operation questions;
- Allocation execution, ensure the right trucking resources fulfillment in day to day operations;
- New shippers/new customers onboarding if they have any trucking or customs related inquire;
- Support the SOP review and optimization with CST/SCO team as well as trucking partners;
- Work with trucking partners to diagnose origin trucking process with continually improvement
- Work with product team to support origin trucking app design
- Local Transportation Management System (TMS) maintenance and integration coordination
What you will need:
- At least 1 years of prior work experience and a BA/BS Degree (trucking industry experience would be great but not required as a must);
We’re looking for folks that have:
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Client service mindset - obsessed with client and CST/SCO happiness
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it!
- A strong desire and a curiosity to learn all there is to know about the transportation industry;
- Analytical thinking and willingness to go to details;
- Designing processes
- Communicating with structure (“A mastery of (internal) communication”)
- Investigating and troubleshooting the customer’s problem
- Execute complex processes without missing adaptive opportunities
- Applying policy, process, and best practices
Growth and development:
What you will learn:
- How to work cross-functionally to execute quickly and build a new organization, optimizing for scale and efficiency
- Product development on transportation industry
- Massive and extensive trucking knowledge across Asia