Supply Chain Operations Intern
The role of the SCOps Specialist is a critical part of making Flexport’s mission to make global trade easy for everyone a reality. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries. In this role, your direct customers are the partners within your region: our account management and customs teams, subcontractors, carriers, terminals and trucking providers. Your work directly supports Flexport’s end customers in achieving their logistics goals. Most importantly, you will play a pivotal role in building the next operational model at Flexport: allowing us to effectively scale to achieve our mission of making global trade easier for everyone.
This role is designed to facilitate the movement of shipments while discovering and driving efficiencies that build and improve operations as part of our Global team. You will be responsible for ensuring that all customer shipments are executed according to plan, on time and within budget. As the person who manages movement in your region with laser focus, you have the unique opportunity to help your regional account team spot opportunities to improve and grow our customers’ business. You will drive impact through surfacing new ideas to eliminate waste, improve customer experience or introducing innovative ways of managing a supply chain.
As a supply chain operator, you are an expert in executing the end-to-end movement of shipments within a regional network including Ocean or Air and LCL imports and exports.
- You will be the “front line” in ensuring the highest standard of Flexport quality: shipments move “on-time” and exceptions are handled appropriately. You will be responsible for ensuring your work satisfies internal KPIs and SLAs that demonstrate quality delivery.
- You will test scalable operational infrastructure and procedures to ensure they are delivering the highest levels of efficiency and productivity for your customers and within our new operational model.
- Seamlessly coordinate the day-to-day supply operations with Air, Trucking, and Warehouse activities within your region by working with internal and external stakeholders and customers.
- Execute the end-to-end movement of shipments within a regional network including both Air and LCL imports and exports.
- Participate and execute improvement ideas which drive higher efficiency and quality to internal workflow
Scope of Duties:
- Ready-to-ship gatekeeper; Ensure Core as one source of truth with most up-to-date paperwork and data provided by shipper, following DG, air compliance & export control policy
- Shipment life-line creator; Create schedule for all shipments, setting expectation to all stakeholders and define when to report exceptions/discrepancy
- Shipment life-line executioner/monitor; Follow up on shipment status as per plan and report actual milestone; Handover & takeover control amongst OCCs when shipment
- Fire-fighter; Report any exceptions and activate recovery plan to salvage service commitment if needed
What you will need:
- Current undergraduates of BA/BS degree
- Minimum 0-1 years of experience in logistics, freight forwarding, supply chain, ocean carrier operations, or consulting (ocean freight knowledge is a plus)
- Communicating with structure
- Managing time and commitments
- Building and using your work process
- Owning your environment, tools and materials
- Problem Solving 1: conducting research to solve problems
- Problem solving 2: Framing problems
- Pulling in help