Build the programs to help Flexport grow
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to define and drive our Ocean product roadmap, one of the company’s largest revenue generators. Our mission is to make shipping ocean freight as easy, seamless, and reliable as possible. You will help scale the business while continuing to drive down costs and increase customer & client satisfaction. Come join us in our mission to make global trade easy for everyone!
- Work closely with our Business, Operations, and Technology teams to develop a roadmap to address the needs of our users
- Lead a cross-functional team of designers, engineers, and operations specialists to define the product and implement your product vision
- Become a domain expert: understand the market, competitive landscape, and how Flexport can differentiate its products
- Help set Flexport’s 3-5 year Ocean strategy and how we will get there
You should have:
- 5-plus years of product management experience - you’ve launched some seriously complex initiatives
- You've managed less senior PM’s
- You are technically competent - you can discuss API’s and services with engineers (but you don’t need to be able to write code!)
- You are able to communicate effectively, write strong product requirements, and drive consensus across functions and teams
- You care about team culture and want to help Flexport scale our organization by improving our processes
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.