Flexport’s network consists of a wide array of partners conducting consolidation and deconsolidation activities for Air and LCL cargo. The Trucking Consolidations arm makes decisions on how to effectively route and consolidate cargo for the lowest cost, while maintaining a high level of quality for all clients involved.
We are looking for someone to develop Flexport’s trucking consolidations network and service offerings within North America. In this role, we need a leader who can develop and execute a growth strategy to expand this network, ensure operational excellence of designed solutions, and achieve long-term commercial success with this program.
- Linehaul Network: Flexport runs a complex model of insourced and outsourced linehauls across 15+ major US markets. This role will continue to build and configure the linehaul consolidations network to support effective execution of Air and LCL imports/exports.
- First Mile/Final Mile Consolidations: This role will continue the expansion of Flexport first mile and final mile capabilities around our max-controlled warehouses and partner-managed CFS locations.
- Solutions Design: Continuously identify and execute on logistics and supply chain solutions focused on user experience and customer outcomes, and adapt to customer needs by introducing new service offerings.
- Network Modeling/Pricing Exercises: Conduct complex network studies based on volume forecasts, strategic priorities and market trends to develop recommendations on new and expanded services. Develop standardized financial models for opening new consolidation lanes, including costing model for calculating break even points and investment required to start new lanes.
- Enablement: Evangelize your work by engaging with stakeholders across all levels of the organization and outside the organization. Foster strong relationships across Sales/Demand teams, Operations, Procurement, and Makers to keep everything running smoothly.
- Implementation: Coordinate with the Operations and Makers teams to ensure new service offerings are feasible and executable. When it comes to implementing your vision, you’ll need to sweat the small stuff.
- Performance Management: Create a data-driven approach to building the network by designing meaningful KPIs. Metrics should focus on quality of execution, coverage of the network, and fit into the overall OKRs of the company.
- Financial Management: Create solutions that drive down total cost of maintaining the trucking consolidations network. Keep track of financial performance on a regular basis to ensure positive impact of new solutions.
You should have:
- BA/BS Degree in Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering, Finance, BBA or similar relevant area of study;
- 5 years of prior experience in Logistics, Warehousing, Freight Forwarding, Supply Chain or Consulting;
- Strategic thinking and ground floor execution - no job is too big or too small;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills;
- Experience building complex data models and Macros in Excel is required (SQL knowledge strongly preferred, added experience in Python a plus)
- An obsession with client happiness. You succeed when they succeed;
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it.
- Experience in market research, building reporting tools and dashboards and working on process improvement and standardization
- Exceptional technical aptitude - you understand the value of technology
- Experience working in the Logistics industry or developing strategy for transportation preferred
We believe trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers and their logistics partners with the technology and services to grow and innovate. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.