Help Flexport fix the user experience in global trade!
Flexport helps more than 10,000 clients and suppliers lead all aspects of their supply chain operations. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B from investors that include the SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, Google Ventures and Y Combinator.
With offices and infrastructure on three continents, our team is as global as our client base and we’re excited to continue building a product and service they love. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with passionate and resourceful team members.
We are looking for a bright, passionate and dedicated individual to join our Security Compliance team in building out Flexport’s Privacy program. This position will include working closely with Legal, Security, Data Governance, Operations, Data Analytics, Engineering, and Executive Management. Key responsibilities include implementing and owning a privacy first capability to ensure Flexport is protecting the privacy of all its stakeholders, including customers, partners and Flexport personnel, in the North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific regions.
- Improve on the existing Privacy Program which include the verification of international privacy requirements, creation/updates of policies, procedures, standards and controls, draft a new roadmap, and providing regular reporting on privacy metrics.
- Promote a privacy culture throughout the organization and help create privacy by design and decrease privacy risks; instill accountability and demonstrate the value of privacy across a wide range of individuals including engineers, IT, executives, business operations teams, administrative functions, customers, and regulators, etc.
- Translate privacy requirements in close collaboration with the legal team and devise strategies to detect, report and remediate privacy issues, to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Conduct privacy vulnerability assessments on Flexport administrative processes (e.g. Sales, Marketing, and HR) and implement solutions to mitigate risks.
- Work with the information security team to manage PII and implement data protection controls.
- Integrate a privacy review process into Flexport’s software product roadmap to make it simple for product engineering teams to understand and implement applicable privacy requirements into Flexport products. The product you’ll help build will make privacy transparent, compliant and trustworthy for Flexport customers and partners.
- Work with the vendor security and legal teams to ensure vendor agreements meet privacy standards.
You should have:
- 5+ years experience with information security, privacy frameworks, privacy principles and/or compliance requirements (e.g. privacy by design, user data protection, GDPR, CCPA, Privacy Shield, data inventory, DLP, encryption, anonymization or privacy impact assessments).
- 1+ years experience translating privacy requirements for a B2B SaaS organization.
- Understanding of one or more industry and/or compliance regulations – PCI-DSS, HIPAA, ISO 27001, FedRAMP, SOC 1/2, preferred; Flexport’s Security Program is ISO 27001 based.
- In-depth knowledge of information security audit, risk management and policy compliance
- Understanding of enterprise cloud infrastructure and data platforms and software development and delivery practices.
- Strong listening and presentation skills necessary to understand, communicate with, and persuade, a wide range of audiences.
- The ability to travel globally, including China and the U.S., is a firm requirement.
- Familiarity with the freight forwarding/global trade industry is a plus.
Why join Flexport?
Investing your time with Flexport means keeping pace with a rapidly growing business, learning new skills, and seeking opportunities to think from end to end. We appreciate your contributions to making Flexport an amazing place to work and we encourage upwards or lateral movement and transfers that align with current business needs and help Flexport deliver on its mission and unlock the potential in our team members.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.