Senior Manager, Network Design
Build the network to help Flexport grow
The GCN team’s mission is to design, implement, and scale world-class warehousing and trucking infrastructure that supports all shipping modes (aka the Global Pallet Network). The team is also responsible for crafting and procuring innovative ocean consolidations solutions that evolve the industry.
This role oversees the design,development and deployment of a successful ground network infrastructure including our Linehaul and Warehousing Network in the Americas. The network is Flexport’s vital backbone for all Air, LCL and Road Network shipments. You will drive the strategy for when, where and how we will expand the network and work with cross-functional stakeholders to implement. You will create and interpret forecasts to stay one step ahead at ensuring there is ample infrastructure and capacity to support the growth of Flexport’s products, including the introduction of new capabilities to the network as our product lines mature. This role also leads a small team of analytical program managers who will support you in driving key decisions.
- You will be responsible for the strategic planning of Flexport’s Warehousing, Domestic trucking and Linehaul infrastructure in North America based on Flexport’s growth aspirations and forecasts across various consolidations products.
- You will manage P&L’s for the relevant business areas in scope and ensure you create the appropriate forecasts, budgets, and breakeven analyses for future investments in the network.
- You will be responsible for meeting internal KPIs and SLAs that demonstrate quality delivery in relevant business areas.
- You will work closely with your peers and Data Analytics team to set-up long term data optimization modeling, run deep analysis on how to reach the optimum design of hubs and spokes for Flexport.
- You will work closely with the data analytics and product teams to further develop linehaul optimization products that will help us manage and automate our line-haul network.
- You will be responsible for implementing supply chain solutions across new trade lanes, for our clients in collaboration with the Trade Lane Management (TLM) and Trucking Procurement teams.
- You will hire, coach and develop a team responsible for analyzing the needs and performance of our network. You will manage the career progression of your team and build in the right dynamics for success of both the individuals and the group.
You should have:
- Minimum 10+ years of experience
- Experience in logistics, freight forwarding, supply chain, ocean carrier operations, operations at a high growth organization, or consulting firm preferred.
- MBA degree is a plus.
- Proven track record of successful network design, strategic planning, project management.
- Strong Data Analytics skills and a firm understanding of how to turn data into action.
- A "compliance first" attitude to keep our regulators happy and enthusiastic about Flexport since we operate in a heavily regulated industry.
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8 billion, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people fromdiverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Flexport 飞协博生态系统
- Hong Kong Warehouse