Creating insights to revolutionize an industry
Accurate and creative insights are integral in allowing us to fulfill our mission of fixing the user experience in global trade and being a first mover. At Flexport, you’ll conduct analyses and make recommendations for new products and strategic projects that are at the forefront of reshaping the entire logistics & supply chain industries. You’ll work alongside fellow entrepreneurial self-starters interested in solving real-world problems and streamlining the inefficiencies in the complex global trade industry.
As the go-to analyst within the Office of the CEO, you will help prove hypotheses, analyze new opportunities, ideas, and strategies. This includes conducting financial modeling, sales opportunity analysis, and sourcing new data sets when necessary. You will be a jack of all trades, excelling at the intersections of financial analysis, business development, operational analysis, and implementation strategy.
- Meet with business stakeholders including VPs and executives to deeply understand business requirements, and use your analytical mindset to progress a new strategy from ideation to pilot to full implementation. Our mantra is to make sure everyone is working smarter rather than just harder.
- Learn the whole business, working cross-functionally and networking internally to acquire the resources needed to complete your project scope.
- Clearly and expertly communicate complex analyses and processes into actionable insights.
- Creatively and holistically overcome roadblocks leaving no stones unturned. While you have high attention to detail, you also always keep the big picture in mind. While being the go-to person for data analysis on the team, you also help ensure we avoid analysis paralysis.
- Provide reports, analyses, and data-driven insights on key drivers, progress to plan, and results to key stakeholders.
- Write scalable and actionable SQL queries and metric calculations, with an eye towards accuracy and maintainability.
You should have:
- A degree in Business, Statistics, Computer Science, Data Science, or another quantitative discipline
- 5+ years in a business operations, consulting, or analyst capacity
- Experience using SQL and communicating insights in a professional environment
- Experience building dashboards - you know the trade-offs and impacts of using one metric versus another
- Ideally experience working within JIRA, Looker, and/or other data visualization software.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.