Logistics Industry Analyst
Create market insights to help make global trade easy!
As the founding member of the Market Research team, you will provide critical insights that drive Flexport’s strategy at the highest levels.
- Develop Flexport’s Market Research program from scratch to include both publishing recurring market trend reports and running specific investigations
- Work across Flexport’s senior leadership to surface strategic insights and recommendations for the executive team
- Advise Investor Relations on Flexport’s positioning in the broader market
- Support upstream Corporate Development activity though screening and initial diligence
You should have:
- 5+ years of work experience in market research, management consulting, venture capital, corporate strategy or related activity ideally in or related to the logistics industry
- SQL and R/Python experience is required
- Strong time management skills with a sense of urgency and ability to work proactively
- Ability to self-direct work in an unstructured environment; comfortable dealing with ambiguity and defining the agenda in a cross-functional environment
- Experience conducting both quantitative and qualitative research
- Demonstrated ability to lead complex cross-functional initiatives and influence executive decision-making in a fast paced organization
- Excellent executive written and verbal communication skills
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t! be We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Listen to Ryan, our CEO explain what freight forwarding is and why improving global trade can help to connect the world and break down economic barriers in this Fast Company Freethink Original Series video.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Account Solutions & Implementation
- Business Enablement
- Business Operations
- Client Solutions
- Data Science & Analytics
- Flexport Ecosystem
- General Management
- Global Brand
- IT, Security & Infrastructure
- Office of CEO
- Operational Excellence
- Product Management
- Supply Chain Operations
- Technical Program Management
- Trade & Financial Services
- User Experience
- Workplace & Facilities
- Hong Kong
- Kuala Lumpur
- Los Angeles
- New York City
- San Francisco
- U.S. Remote