Looking for an opportunity to join a quickly-growing team that is at the forefront of building the future platform for global trade? Look no further: we’re looking for an organized, motivated and detail-oriented person to join the Buy-Side Marketplace Product team as a Product Specialist, specializing in our Financial Visibility (AP / Billing processes) and our Unified Subledger teams. The Marketplace team is building world-class financial tools and products to support global trade - on the most basic level, the Finance team makes sure that our customers pay us, and our suppliers get paid.
In this role, you’ll help bridge the gap between our users and our technical teams, making sure that inbound finance requests are investigated, properly prioritized and fixed by the development team. In addition, you’ll work closely with members of the product, design, data and eng teams to support the team’s work - from running betas and communicating launches, to supporting research and helping to improve our internal processes. This is a great role for someone who wants to learn more about the product development process, improve their communication and stakeholder management skills and play a key role in the evolution of the finance team’s work.
- Build relationships globally with finance and operations stakeholders to foster trust, transparency and empathy
- Monitor and triage inbound finance bugs and ideas; review, investigate, write eng tickets and help to determine engineering priorities for the Financial Visibility and Unified Subledger teams.
- Work with other product ops team members to identify and report ticket trends and iterate upon related processes
- Represent the user’s voice and help embedded product and engineering teams prioritize items for backlog grooming
- Support design and product teams as they conduct research
- Collaborate with teams like enablement, change agents, and squad operations to ensure smooth finance product launches
- Create new feature and process documentation
- Run beta programs and drive new feature adoption
You should have:
- Bachelor's degree or relevant experience
- 1-2 years of work experience ideally in a finance and/or billing department
- An interest in the product development lifecycle, product management, internal processes, systems and documentation
- Familiarity with Core finance products related to vendor billing or revenue or cost capture / pricing tools.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills, with a bias toward overcommunication
- Outstanding organization and time-management skills paired with a reputation for getting things done
- Curiosity about the world and a willingness to diligently chase down details
- A great attitude, and a desire to get your hands dirty
- A drive to improve yourself and your teammates
- A demonstrated aptitude for analytical thinking
Bonus points for experience working with financial systems and SQL proficiency.
We believe trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers and their logistics partners with the technology and services to grow and innovate. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.