As Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for establishing and leading commercial programs and commercial operations including sales operations, commercial partnerships, channel sales, and other business functions to set a foundation for growth and develop our commercial programs, sales partnerships and business capabilities in South China. You will report to the Asia Business Development Director.
What you’ll do:
- Identify and lead channel sales partnerships and business development initiatives to fuel our growth.
- Establish and implement systems methods and processes to build scalable commercial capabilities.
- Provide insightful market intel and data analysis.
- Partner cross functionally with sales, marketing and pricing to define and refine our go-to-market strategy.
- Take a high energy and entrepreneurial approach to the role. Working collaboratively with the rest of the Asia team and global functions to drive strategic priorities and get things done.
- Set up certain business operations functions to support South China commercial activity.
- Operate with a high level of integrity and compliance to global regulatory requirements.
- Foster a culture of empowerment, inclusiveness, and agility to accelerate things that work and pivot away from things that don’t.
- Be both local and global, you balance global and local practices to deliver maximum value to our customers, carriers and regulators.
What you’ll need:
- 4-5 years of experience in commercial and analytics heavy functions.
- You’re not afraid to get your hands dirty and will thrive in unstructured and multi-stakeholder settings to deliver results.
- Proven relationship management, and project/program/process management skills.
- Ability to deliver on a broad portfolio of responsibilities on your own, and ‘figure stuff out’ quickly and effectively.
- Great with numbers including strong analytical skills.
- A strong grasp of real world supply chain concepts including direct knowledge of how industrial and product supply chains work.
- Knowledge in China region logistics, freight forwarding. An e-commerce markets knowledge is a plus.
- Highly effective communicator with good people instincts - able to build trust and work well with a diverse group internally and externally.
- Eager for a very hands-on role, where you’ll be asked to take on and run with a range of projects outside your comfort zone, and learn quickly.
- Highly organized, self-motivated and detail-oriented, with great follow-through on projects/tasks big and small.
- High integrity individual who’s enthusiastic about building a great company for the long term, and making a huge, positive impact in the world.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Strong command of English and Chinese.
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it.