Sr. Financial Analyst - EMEA Commercial Finance
Build the Finance Function to Help Flexport Grow
The Opportunity: Sr. Finance Analyst, EMEA Commercial Finance
Our Finance team is responsible for accelerating the growth of our business by identifying and implementing new opportunities and solutions. The Sr. Finance Analyst for EMEA will function as a key member of the finance team and be responsible for providing decision support for all layers of the organization by preparing periodic financial statements, metrics reporting and ad hoc analysis. You will also be involved in identifying companywide strategic initiatives and execution to ensure success, monitoring company performance and participating in the month-end close.
- Be reporting directly to the Sr. Finance Manager for Europe
- Assist in the planning and forecasting activities with business partners including highlighting major assumptions and their effects on the plan and forecast, and performing sensitivity analysis. In addition to assisting on OPEX planning and tracking of spend on a department level against the plan
- Report and provide in-depth analysis to key leaders including monthly Actuals vs. Forecast / Budget, Risks & Opportunities, and commentary
- Strong problem-solving ability combined with impeccable business judgment and ability to communicate clearly
- Support business and operations on projects and initiatives by providing in depth financial insights as a trusted business partner
- Provide analytics and insights around the end-to-end customer life cycle including operations, marketing, customer acquisitions, customer lifetime value, customer profitability and return on investment
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting or related field required
- 2-5 years of progressive experience
- Financial modeling and MS Excel skills required
- High attention to detail, accuracy and strong analytical skills required
- Proactive, self-motivated, can work autonomously and take initiative to learn
- Articulate and persuasive communication skills, both written and verbal
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects over 10,000 clients and suppliers across the globe, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised $2.3B in funding from a number of investors including; Andreessen Horowitz, Michael Dell, Shopify, SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We have just announced our most recent funding round.
Worried About Not Having Freight Forwarding Experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people fromdiverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it canhelp connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one withFlexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation
- Flexport 飞协博生态系统
- Hong Kong Warehouse