Build the Platform that powers global trade
Trade is highly collaborative, with multiple parties interacting across the globe. Our vision is to unite modern technology with human collaboration to raise the access and quality of trade. We want to make trade accessible to all. You will be a part of solving some of the toughest challenges in the industry.
You’re a developer turned writer, or have an aptitude for understanding and explaining development practices. The role involves researching new product features and new technology. We are responsive to both internal and external customer needs and input. We work in an Agile development environment with fellow UA developers, product managers, engineers, quality assurance, and support engineers. Our department and product teams are geographically distributed. A strong sense of autonomy, flexibility, and excellent communication skills are essential to successfully working in our environment.
Join us in innovating and automating the Freight Forwarding experience for global internal and partner Operators where we deliver the right work to the right people at the right time, becoming the most cost efficient service providers in the industry.
- Create product documentation for developers and system administrators
- Author in a variety of environments, Microsoft Word and DITA/XML
- Research, write, and ensure the accuracy of content that covers current and future releases of our product
- Review and edit best practice guides from SMEs
- Analyze current product documentation to determine usability and make improvements as indicated
- Continuously improve documentation by responding to and incorporating feedback from customers and internal users
- Collaborate with other groups to create content for the ServiceNow development community
You should have:
- Proven experience making technical content accessible to audiences with mixed levels of expertise
- Ability to learn highly technical products quickly, using pre-release software and internal documentation
- Understanding of source control systems and maintaining multiple versions of content
- Experience working in Scrum/Agile development environments
- Ability to obtain information through research, interviews, and experimentation
- Ability to work with geographically distributed team members and developers
- Motivation and ability to be productive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Self-direction, flexibility, and an eagerness to learn
- Understanding of the software development life cycle
- Working knowledge of DITA and topic-based writing and Microsoft Word
- Familiarity with IT service management software (ITSM), PaaS, and SaaS
Bonus if you have:
- Logistics or a SaaS Mid-Market / Enterprise product experience
- Experience working at a company that has scaled quickly
- Experience building internal tools
- Developed products with a global audience
We believe trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers and their logistics partners with the technology and services to grow and innovate. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Account Solutions & Implementation
- Business Enablement
- Business Operations
- Client Solutions
- Data Science & Analytics
- Flexport Ecosystem
- General Management
- Global Brand
- IT, Security & Infrastructure
- Office of CEO
- Operational Excellence
- Product Management
- Supply Chain Operations
- Technical Program Management
- Trade & Financial Services
- User Experience
- Hong Kong
- Kuala Lumpur
- Los Angeles
- New York City
- San Francisco
- U.S. Remote