Senior Product Manager, Outbound
Build the products to help revolutionize global trade!
At Flexport, our mission, as a technology company, is to make global trade easy for everyone by disrupting the $2 trillion+ global logistics industry. We do this by bringing together people who are passionate about using technology to transform cross border logistics to make it more transparent, more agile, and more efficient. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year. With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with passionate and resourceful team members who are in it together.
Join Flexport’s Technology Strategy team to define our technology strategy across our portfolio of software and logistics products. Serve as the voice-of-the-customer internally and the product champion externally. You have the right mix of business and technical skills to analyze our product performance, customer needs, and industry dynamics to translate our vision into a cohesive, multi-year product plan. You partner closely with product managers, engineers, sales, marketing, and clients to bring the best ideas forward and know when to lead the way, build consensus, and align plans to grow the business and get things done.
- Gather customer, market, and field insights, including competitive analysis, and infuse the learnings back into our Flexport Technology Strategy and identify new product opportunities.
- Craft and socialize a strategic plan that brings together our overarching product narrative, addresses the key problems customers encounter, and ties into Flexport’s overall vision.
- Serve as our go-to-market lead, working with sales, services, and communications to develop core positioning and messaging for the product, including sales enablement materials.
- Represent our Flexport product suite at customer and partner conferences.
- Elevate product awareness with industry analyst firms through regular briefings and annual reviews for reports.
You should have:
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in product marketing, product management or strategy consulting in software development - enterprise software companies preferred, logistics experience a bonus
- Comfortable in a startup like environment and can operate independently to build and execute new programs and initiatives
- Strong analytical skills. You can take details and formulate a plan into a logical story.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, comfortable speaking publicly to large audiences
- Proven leadership skills, ability to manage up and drive consensus among executive stakeholders
We believe trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers and their logistics partners with the technology and services to grow and innovate. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Account Solutions & Implementation
- Business Enablement
- Business Operations
- Client Solutions
- Data Science & Analytics
- Flexport Ecosystem
- General Management
- Global Brand
- IT, Security & Infrastructure
- Office of CEO
- Operational Excellence
- Product Management
- Supply Chain Operations
- Technical Program Management
- Trade & Financial Services
- User Experience
- Hong Kong
- Kuala Lumpur
- Los Angeles
- New York City
- San Francisco
- U.S. Remote