Insurance Brokerage Manager
The Flexport Insurance team is always looking for new and better ways to deliver our digital insurance products to our Flexport clients, non-flexport clients and partners. The Flexport Insurance Team is seeking an excellent leader to manage our Insurance Brokerage Business. The successful leader will have a strong vision to help elevate the current offering and formulate a compelling, business and research supported roadmap for the future. The individual sets a high bar for quality and knows how to help teams effectively deliver. This leader will be chartered with managing the Insurance Brokerage Team and assuring that all claims and service processes are executed within client SLA’s. And ensure that our Insurance offerings are the highest quality available in the market.
- Manage Flexport’s Shippers interest cargo insurance program
- Manage our claims and service teams, TPA and Brokers.
- Act as an Internal resource for stakeholders regarding the coverage of Flexport’s shippers interest insurance policy.
- Communicate policy information with the organization
- Explores and assists in implementing insurance products and licenses globally
- Collaborates with legal teams to ensure we are building and selling the insurance products compliantly
- Work with internal stakeholders, insurance broker, and insurance carrier to develop new offerings and implements agreement
- Works with operations and sales team to support business growth and efficiency objectives
- Collaborate with the sales team to ensure they have the knowledge of the product in order to generate sales
- Assists on shipment specific projects and insurance placements as needed
- Assists in developing marketing collateral pertaining to our insurance program and educates on insurance offering and assists sales in educating clients
- Bridges gaps between stakeholders outside of the insurance team and technical teams.
- Supports engineering and product teams understanding of the insurance product Flexport offers as they conduct research to enhance user experience for insurance in our client platform
- Manages and continuously improves partner performance among vendors (insurance carrier, claim partner, and broker)
- Ensures the insurance team is on the same page with sales, operations, program development/management and other initiatives.
You should have:
- Demonstrate long term thinking around strategic and business focused activities.
- 5+ years of professional experience: ideally Insurance, FinTech, or Insurtech
- InsurTech experience / digital insurance solutions experience a plus.
- Will have managed and mentored individual contributors or contractors
- Proven ability to provide thought leadership and guide a team towards achieving a common goal
- Experience managing geographically distributed teams a plus.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Account Solutions & Implementation
- Business Enablement
- Business Operations
- Client Solutions
- Data Science & Analytics
- Flexport Ecosystem
- General Management
- Global Brand
- IT, Security & Infrastructure
- Office of CEO
- Operational Excellence
- Product Management
- Supply Chain Operations
- Technical Program Management
- Trade & Financial Services
- User Experience
- Hong Kong
- Kuala Lumpur
- Los Angeles
- New York City
- San Francisco
- U.S. Remote