External Communications Associate
We are building technology to make global trade easy.
Flexport is looking for a communications associate to join the External Communications team in building creative, compelling and impactful media campaigns (e.g. thought leadership, corporate news moments, product launches), and to support day-to-day operations.
At no other time has the global supply chain been more relevant -- or operated in such chaos -- as today. This is a unique opportunity to develop your PR skills, working with publications spanning from industry verticals to the New York Times, alongside a seasoned team of communications and marketing experts with a passion for global trade and technology.
You will be part of our Communications team, working closely with teammates in Internal Comms, Product Marketing, Events and Content, and importantly, with subject matter experts and senior executives across the company to help curate and share Flexport’s story with the world.
You will play a critical role within the Communications team. You’ll get to support a wide range of Flexport’s media programs, such as thought leadership outreach, corporate news moments (e.g. executive hires, geographic expansion), and tech and product launches. You will also drive Flexport’s global communications reporting program, helping ensure effective communications globally.
- Support global media campaigns by creating briefing documents, media lists, coordinating with executives, researching media angles and more.
- Manage global communications reporting, including media monitoring, tracking and organization
- Build and maintain Flexport’s corporate narratives, key talking points and supporting materials for external communications
- Roll up your sleeves: we run a tight team and everyone chips in on everyday activities like reporting and updating our press page
- Work with one of the most supportive and creative teams out there
You should have:
- A deeply curious mentality: you’re excited to learn about complex problems in a complex industry
- 1-3 years of experience with the scope outlined above; agency experience preferred.
- Strong project management and organizational skills: you know how to manage complex projects, multiple stakeholders and competing priorities to create an actionable plan and get the most impactful work done
- A true team player mentality: you’re always willing to jump in and help out. Flexport is a team-oriented company that requires effective collaboration to drive company-wide results.
- Proactivity and close attention to detail: you don’t need to be asked twice (and many times you don’t need to be asked at all!). There’s a lot to do and we trust everyone on the team to deliver against their deadlines and priorities.
- Incredible writing and communication skills
- A "compliance first" attitude to keep our regulators happy and enthusiastic about Flexport since we operate in a heavily regulated industry
- A love for snacks, humility and a sense of humor
We believe trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers and their logistics partners with the technology and services to grow and innovate. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $15B of merchandise across 116 countries every year.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people fromdiverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one withFlexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Flexport 飞协博生态系统
- Hong Kong Warehouse