2023 New Grad Full-Stack Software Engineer (Masters Degree)
Build the programs to help Flexport grow
At Flexport you’ll develop products that are at the forefront of reshaping the entire logistics & supply chain industries. You’ll work alongside self-starters interested in solving real-world problems and streamlining the inefficiencies in the complex global trade industry. You’ll have the opportunity to reshape an industry by creating the new operating system for global trade.
Exceptional software development is integral in allowing us to fulfill our mission of fixing the user experience in global trade. Our platform provides a revolutionary new experience internally as well as for external clients to track their business risk and resolve them.
We are seeking to hire new grads in Bellevue, Chicago, and San Francisco offices. We are prioritizing candidates who are interested in working out of Chicago office as this will be the largest Engineering Hub.
Our continuous releases are integrated with Buildkite and Github. On the frontend, we create our views with React, manage the flow of data with GraphQL/Relay, and test our application with Jest. On the backend, we’re in the process of decoupling our monolithic Rails app and introducing services using other languages, such as Java, Kotlin and Node.js. Our data is persisted in mostly Postgres, Mongodb and Redis. Our stack is hosted on AWS using Docker.
- Be part of the technology engineering team to build new front-end for our clients and backend services enabling some of our core features.
- Work closely with product managers and design to distill complex business problems into elegant technical solutions.
- Build and launch products rapidly and incrementally. We ship to production dozens of times per day.
You should have:
- Pursuing a Masters degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related Engineering field with an expected graduation date between December 2022 through August 2023 and seeking to start full-time employment during 2023.
- An aptitude for learning quickly.
- A bias for action. When you see a problem, you solve it.
- A love of simple, well-tested code that is easy to extend and hard to break.
- The ability to convey technical ideas in common terms to business partners, product managers, designers and engineers alike.
- A “compliance first” attitude to keep our regulators happy and enthusiastic about Flexport since we operate in a heavily regulated industry.
We believe trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers and their logistics partners with the technology and services to grow and innovate. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Flexport 飞协博生态系统
- Hong Kong Warehouse