Group Product Manager, Client Platform
Build the user experience that powers global trade
We are looking for a seasoned product management leader to create world-class customer experiences that progress the evolution of global trade. With a customer-first mindset and deep empathy for customer needs, you will manage a team of product managers and work alongside a team of highly-skilled engineers, designers, data scientists and freight forwarding experts in building the interface between our customers and the movement of their goods. The products you build will empower our customers to optimize their end-to-end supply chains and run more successful businesses.
You’ll be responsible for leading the development of a number of Flexport’s flagship client applications that are of strategic importance to the company’s future growth, including our Order Management and Shipment Visibility products.
- Order Management enables our clients to collaborate with their trade partners on our platform and manage their supply chain on a purchase order and product level. Order Management elevates the Flexport experience for our clients since they can now manage their supply chain based on business constructs that matter to them, versus having to think about pallets and containers. Read more on our website
- Shipment Visibility provides our clients with a “single pane of glass” control tower experience for managing their entire supply chain through the Flexport platform. Shipment Visibility provides our clients with track & trace insights into any shipment, whether the freight is moved by Flexport or any other logistics provider. Read more on our website
You’ll have the opportunity to scale these products, shape the long-term strategy and roadmap, and work towards a global trade management experience unlike anything the market has seen before. You’ll lead a team of ambitious and talented product managers and will be a frequent presenter at all-hands / executive meetings to bring everyone along in this growth journey. You’ll have the opportunity to leverage capabilities and products within the Flexport ecosystem to create bundled solutions and business models to drive further market differentiation.
- Drive the 3-5 year product vision and strategy for Order Management & Shipment Visibility products and paint a clear path on how we will get there.
- Realize this vision through leading and inspiring your team of product managers and a cross-functional team of designers, engineers, data scientists, and operations specialists.
- Work closely with our business, operations, and technology teams to develop a roadmap to address the needs of our users.
- Meet with our customers to gain a deep understanding of their supply chain needs and how Flexport can best address those needs.
- Become a domain expert: Gain a deep understanding of relevant technology & industry trends and competitive dynamics, and form a perspective on how Flexport fits into it all.
- Make data driven decisions and implement metrics to manage your team’s progress and impact.
You should have:
- At least 8 years of Product Management experience
- Experience with developing sophisticated product strategies and business models for launching innovative products and bundles to market and maximizing business impact
- Management experience for coaching and growing a team of Product Managers
- A track record of creating design-led world-class customer experiences
- Technical competence; might not be an expert, but can talk shop with the best of them
- Experience collaborating with and inspiring engineering teams with a focus on accelerating development velocity
- Comfortable in a startup like environment and can operate independently to build and execute products
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage up and drive consensus among stakeholders
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8B, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about what our tech teams have been up to, head to the Engineering Blog.
- Flexport 飞协博生态系统
- Hong Kong Warehouse
- Kuala Lumpur