Director, Demand Generation Marketing
We are reinventing global trade.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone.
Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 116 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos.
With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with passionate and resourceful team members who are in it together.
Flexport is looking for a skilled and experienced Director of Demand Generation to join our growing marketing team. In this role, you will build and lead a world-class demand generation marketing team while driving our strategic efforts across all inbound marketing channels (SEM, SEO, CRO, lifecycle, partnerships, and more). In this leadership role, you’ll have the chance to establish new frameworks and best practices as you build the team, drive an experiment and insight roadmap, and scale acquisition across marketing channels. You and your team will have a high degree of collaboration with Sales in this role. Optimization instincts, a learnings-driven approach, and an analytical mindset will be key to driving growth, engagement, and conversion.
- Define & improve Flexport’s demand generation strategy, and identify new opportunities for growth across channels
- Own a significant digital marketing budget and KPIs, measuring effectiveness and impact on key business outcomes
- Lead, coach, and develop high-performing team that is engaged and motivated to achieve Flexport’s mission
- Manage external partners and agencies in delivering services for SEO, SEM, CRO, and user research
- Work with Data to develop and leverage rigorous measurement strategies to assess the impact and opportunities of acquisition campaigns
You should have:
- 10 years experience leading paid digital advertising, at least 4 years managing SEM specifically with a proven track record of improving and scaling ad programs with volume and efficiency goals (experience with B2B marketing in all segments is a nice-to-have)
- 4 years of people management experience, excellent leadership skills with the confidence to lead, manage and engage team members
- Experience with Search Engine Optimization (SEO), conversion rate optimization (CRO), paid digital advertising (Social and Search), and other digital marketing channels
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams and influence decision making across all levels of the organization, with a focus on developing a strong relationship and operating cadence with the Sales organization
- Strong exploratory data analytics skills (pivot tables, vlookups, basic modeling and forecasting) – proficiency with SQL is a nice-to-have
- T-shaped growth marketing skillset: we’re looking for marketing generalists that can pinch-hit in any given domain of marketing, while drawing on the skills and insights from a singular area of deep specialization
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $2B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t! be We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Listen to Ryan, our CEO explain what freight forwarding is and why improving global trade can help to connect the world and break down economic barriers in this Fast Company Freethink Original Series video.
- Flexport 飞协博生态系统
- Hong Kong Warehouse
- Kuala Lumpur