Head of Sales & Operations Planning, Business Operations
We are looking for a HSales & Operations Planning to join our global Business Operations team in North America. The team’s mission is to empower Flexport to achieve comprehensive business plans. In this role you will focus on setting up and running Flexport’s global S&OP process, developing tools to facilitate effective supply-demand management for specific high-volume or constrained services, and helping mitigate bottlenecks in different parts of the business. You will have the opportunity to work cross functionally across many groups including Sales, Client Solutions, Procurement, Finance, Data Analytics, and Operations.
- Work with GMs and Sales team leaders, Sales Ops, Data Analytics, and Finance to develop a demand forecast and improve its accuracy
- Work with product and operations experts to develop and publish accurate supply plans and identify gaps with the Demand forecast
- Design and run the Supply-Demand volume reconciliation process to arrive at an operating forecast across all Flexport services globally
- Design and produce reports that show a comprehensive view of forecasted performance versus targets
- Facilitate solutions to gaps in supply vs demand - provide recommendations for removing bottlenecks, improving inventory utilization, and facilitate rapid decision making
- Partner with Demand leaders to develop allocation plans for supply of constrained services
- Partner with supply teams to improve flexibility and responsiveness to changes in demand to enable growth and reduce financial risk
- Support cross functional teams with capacity planning, scenario analyses, and utilizing the operating forecast for business work streams as needed
- Manage a team of supply-demand management associates
You should have:
- 12+ years experience in supply chain, business operations, analytics, or operations roles.
- Experience with installing and operating a robust S&OP process
- A passion to dive deep into complex supply chain problems to really understand root causes and key drivers across different services and geos, and design effective solutions
- Ability to structure complex problems, break large projects into bite sized chunks, and simplify the complex.
- Experience with enterprise systems (CRM & ERP), S&OP tools, and process design
- Proficiency in quantitative analysis of large datasets, with the ability to distill, visualize, and communicate insights. SQL fluency preferred
- Strong project management skills, managing timelines and deliverables effectively, and fostering accountability across teams.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and to present complex concepts succinctly
- Ability to influence and build credibility with leaders in Supply, Demand, Sales Ops, Data, and Finance to drive effective solutions
- Experience in leading teams (3+ years of people management experience)
- Detail oriented with a focus on high quality of work
- Ability to challenge the status-quo and a passion for continuous improvement
- Experience in logistics, transportation, retail, or manufacturing industry is preferred
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8 billion, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
Our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Flexport 飞协博生态系统
- Hong Kong Warehouse
- Kuala Lumpur