Sr. Internal Events Producer
We’re reinventing global trade.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone.
Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering more than 40,000 buyers, sellers and their logistics partners with the technology and services to grow and innovate. Companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—used Flexport technology to move nearly $19B of merchandise across 112 countries in 2021
At no other time has the global supply chain been more relevant -- or operated in more volatility -- as today. Through a robust thought leadership program we’ve put Flexport in front of decision makers and influencers as well as mainstream America via features in Forbes, Fast Company, Mad Money, New York Times, and the All In Podcast to name a few.
Now it’s time to deepen that story with a better understanding of how Flexport will change the game.
We’re seeking an Internal Events Producer to Bring Flexporters together by designing and leading gatherings to inform, inspire, and engage Flexport employees worldwide.
Imagine being at the epicenter of global trade and logistics, with the opportunity to influence the evolution of one of the industry’s fastest-growing tech companies. Flexport has experienced unparalleled growth over the past nine years and has even more ambitious plans for the future.
We are looking for a Specialist to design, execute and measure a companywide internal events strategy and engagement plan for our hyper-growth future. This person cares about creating community, knows how to foster a vibrant company culture, and believes in the power of people coming together to work, learn, and have some fun.
You will design, execute, scale and measure our global internal events strategy, reimagined for the future of Flexport. Your goal is to inform, inspire and engage Flexport’s workforce. You will bring the company together as we grow, you will build community and shared experiences while we expand, and you will keep us connected as the company tackles new, more complex problems. as responsibilities increase. Your portfolio and range of events will be broad; it will include on-premise, virtual and hybrid events, and span both live and pre-recorded.
You will report directly to the Head of Internal Communications on the Flexport Brand Team and work day-to-day with the broader Communications, Marketing, Workplace and People teams, as well as with senior executives across the company.
- Produce existing internal events including Flexport’s monthly company wide Global All Hands.
- Build brand new events from the ground up that surprise and delight Flexport employees.
- Create a community engagement program for employees through an annual volunteering and service-oriented event, demonstrating that Flexport is a great neighbor and has a positive impact on the areas where we have offices.
- Engage with our internal employee advisory group council to keep a pulse on how internal events can improve employee productivity, sentiment, and well-being.
- Create and implement a presentation coaching program to elevate our internal speaking capabilities and help Flexport speakers feel confident across forums. Your program will showcase you as an effective counselor to seasoned presenters as well as to first-timers; it will also help others learn how to be a steady hand in high-visibility situations (like live events).
- Maintain a strong executive presence and manage shifting priorities to represent the CEO's vision as the company scales quickly
- Build and create programs that are aligned with business goals and distinctive to new territories across the globe
- Partner closely and productively with key stakeholders, including the Workplace, People, and Executive teams to inform and deliver your events strategy.
You should have:
- Minimum 7 yrs of experience managing corporate virtual, hybrid and in-person events from end-to-end, including experience partnering with production teams, interfacing with high-profile guests and speakers, and using event management platforms/tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A passion for building new things. This is a new role for Flexport!
- An ability to pivot. Change doesn’t deter you and you’re adept at adapting your events as conditions and constraints shift.
- A love of program/project management, because you can keep an effort on track and be across many details and deliverables at once.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people fromdiverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Flexport 飞协博生态系统
- Hong Kong Warehouse
- Kuala Lumpur