Technical Accounting Manager
Flexport is reinventing global trade.
We believe trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers and their logistics partners with the technology and services to grow and innovate. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year. With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with passionate and resourceful team members who are in it together.
Flexport is looking for a Technical Accounting Manager to join our Finance team. Finance is central to Flexport’s success - creating transparency of company’s performance, financials, risks and internal controls, and building the people, process and product needed for the future of Flexport.
Reporting into the Assistant Controller, you will support the financial reporting team and be responsible for the knowledge, understanding, and application of technical accounting guidance.
- Act as an internal consultant on new service launches, new service agreements or merger and acquisition transactions by performing technical research on complex accounting issues
- Monitor, assess and implement new accounting and reporting pronouncements (U.S. GAAP and SEC regulations) applicable to the company
- Draft and maintain accounting policies and memos
- Proposes recommendations for changes and improvements to accounting and reporting policies/procedures
You Should Have:
- A Bachelor's degree or above in Accounting, CPA preferred
- 7+ years of working experience in public accounting (preferably Big 4) and/or in a publicly traded company
- Strong understanding of US GAAP and SEC reporting principles and regulations
- High attention to detail and problem-solving ability with a keen focus on continuous improvement
- Prioritization skills and the ability to execute on deliverables in a fast-paced and results-oriented environment
- A willingness to embrace and drive changes
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why we bring in people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with industry veterans to help move the logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Flexport 飞协博生态系统
- Hong Kong Warehouse
- Kuala Lumpur