Product Manager II, Visibility Tools
Build Flexport’s Visibility Service, helping us become the world’s best solution for answering the questions “where’s my stuff?” and “when will it get here?”
Flexport’s Visibility product is a cornerstone offering for the company as it evolves into becoming a global trade platform. The Visibility product’s mission is to deliver end-to-end visibility of our client’s freight across all transportation modes (Ocean, Air, Rail, Truck, Barge, etc.) with outstanding accuracy and reliability. Our product powers nearly everything Flexport does, serving as the underlying utility for many operations and businesses. But because of the siloed and inconsistent data that pervades the freight industry, accomplishing our mission is not simply a matter of finding data and passing it to our clients. We must ingest the data, cleanse and filter it, and find the best way to implement it into our business’s workflows so our users receive only the best.
But even then, our work is incomplete. Because of the challenges the trade industry has with data accessibility and standardization, operators often waste time filling in data when they shouldn’t have to. We’re hiring the right person to build the next generation of tools for these operators so they optimize their work and seamlessly supplement what automation fails to accomplish. This role is the key to unlocking tremendous scale for the Visibility and Flexport as a whole.
- Solve a fundamental customer need in a complex, fragmented domain by answering the questions “Where’s my stuff?”, “Where’s it going?”, “When will it get there?” and “How’s it doing?” for all of Flexport’s shipments
- Work hand-in-hand with Visibility Operations, Program Management, Engineering, Data Science, and Design to build the next generation of advanced tooling for operators.
- Craft the product strategy and roadmap and lead the iterative execution of that roadmap as you find new ways to optimize operators’ workflows so that they are working at their highest level of expertise and seamlessly supplementing automation
- Constantly refine your products as you and operations leadership identify ways to improve how operators work and eliminate tasks through automation.
- Break out of existing data silos by evolving your products so they serve the greatest number of customers
- Drive the externalization of those products so that Flexport’s Visibility Tools get adopted by the industry
- Build world-class software that improves the accuracy, reliability, and trustworthiness of the Visibility Service so that every customer of Flexport is extremely confident in where their goods are and when they can expect them to get delivered.
You should have:
- Business acumen - you understand the levers of the business, how to relate the shipping of specific features all the way up to the company’s financial health, and the ability to articulate the reasons why certain software investments are necessary
- A proven track record of delivering products that obsess over UX and work hand in hand with designers and front-end engineers to improve UX
- Relentlessly data-driven - Though we have interfaces, the Visibility team’s core product is data and you will be expected to eat, drink, and breathe our domain’s data
- A strong sense of ownership and curiosity - you work independently, enjoy large and poorly defined problems, and love getting to the bottom of things
- Ability to navigate ambiguity - given an open-ended task, you chart a path to bring clarity
- Strong communication skills - you can write clearly, speak intelligently, and guide stakeholders along as you craft a story
- Play the Long Game - You can see around corners and plan 1-2 years ahead in terms of what needs to get built so the business accomplishes its objectives. You relentlessly defend your roadmap from distractions and can stay the course
- Bias for Action - you rarely wait for explicit permission to do things and are internally driven to start work with little guidance
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8 billion, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about what our tech teams have been up to, head to the Engineering Blog.
- Flexport 飞协博生态系统
- Hong Kong Warehouse
- Kuala Lumpur