Accounts Payable Operations Lead
We are looking for a remarkable analytically driven Accounts Payable Lead to join our AP department operations. This position is an essential team player with a focus on supporting daily operations, specifically focusing on setting high standards for exceptional customer service. This position must possess strong attention to detail, balancing accuracy/efficiency, and multitasking. This role will require a player/coach to help foster a positive team morale and departmental growth. The Team Lead is responsible for the development of their direct reports as well as process improvement. The position will report directly to the Accounts Payable Manager.
- Manage the allocation of AP requests and invoice processing volume across the team, while maintaining high standards for accuracy, timeliness, and professionalism
- Monitor production metrics of the team on a daily basis, holding team members accountable for service level adherence and process conformance
- Identify ways to streamline processes and work as part of the team to implement solutions
- Partner with the AP Manager to develop Standard Operating Procedures and document AP policies and internal controls
- Participate in cross functional projects and continuous improvement initiatives by performing research, data analysis, and Root Cause Corrective Action investigations
- Support training and development of AP team members, specifically during onboarding phase
- Perform Finance and Accounting related month-end close processes
You should have:
- 5+ years of finance/accounting experience,
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or relevant field
- Self-starter mindset, able to operate with a high level of autonomy
- Strong attention to detail and excellent follow-through skills
- Ability to adapt to rapid changes typical of a start-up
- Experience identifying and driving improvements to processes by engaging with different functions throughout the company
- Experience with Netsuite a plus
- Experience within a shared service environment
- Advanced Excel Skills
- Ability to develop and share new solutions to old problems
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8 billion, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Flexport 飞协博生态系统
- Hong Kong Warehouse
- Kuala Lumpur