Supply Chain Operations Manager
The role of the SCOps Manager is a critical part of making Flexport’s mission to make global trade easy for everyone a reality. In this role, your direct customers are the partners within your region: our account management and customs teams, subcontractors, carriers, terminals and trucking providers. Your work directly supports Flexport’s end customers in achieving their logistics goals. Most importantly, you will play a pivotal role in building the next operational model at Flexport: allowing us to effectively scale to achieve our mission of making global trade easier for everyone.
This role is designed to hire, train, and develop a team of motivated operations experts while strategically leading them through the complex world of freight forwarding. You will work cross-functionally to navigate ambiguous challenges and establish a world-class operating team. At this stage in Flexport's journey, we understand that great leadership is what will help us achieve our goal. We also understand that great leaders have to learn how to balance tactical and adaptive responsibilities. A leader who is too tactical will squelch the creativity and motivation of their teams. A leader who is too adaptive will create a lot of wasted time and effort, which will also squelch the motivation of their teams. Your job as a leader is to create balance for those you manage.
- You will hire, coach and develop an 8-10 person team responsible for the end-to-end movement of consolidated freight within a regional network (both imports and exports), including intermodal movements.
- You will personally represent Flexport’s value proposition by recommending supply chain solutions for new clients and opportunities to the account management team.
- You will guard the “front line” in ensuring the highest standard of Flexport quality: the right processes and metrics are in place for shipments to move “on-time” and exceptions resolved quickly and appropriately. You will be responsible for meeting internal KPIs and SLAs that demonstrate quality delivery.
- You will design scalable operational infrastructure and procedures to ensure your team is delivering the highest levels of efficiency and productivity for your customers. If they are not, you will look for opportunities to improve them.
- You will monitor regional vendor (e.g. carrier, trucker) performance and partner with Procurement on performance management initiatives.
- You will serve as the primary relationship manager for internal and external partners in your region such as terminals, carriers, and warehouses, the Customs team and the Ocean Operations team. You will be the primary point of contact for second-level internal and external escalations.
- You will work with gateway and global management to ensure the right metrics and data are in place to empower your regional team to deliver great performance.
- You will be responsible for monitoring and improving overall cost-to-serve while maintaining a high level of client satisfaction.
- You will help design and implement operational infrastructure and procedures in the team you oversee while constantly identifying and executing on opportunities to realize optimal efficiency and productivity.
- You will empower your team to prioritize and align on key initiatives, experiment with the best ways to drive growth and maintain high on-the-job motivation.
- You will be an active student, learning the skills of leadership which Flexport will strive to apprentice.
- You will work with Account Management to design and iterate on effective feedback loops to ensure client needs are met.
- You will act as a strategic consultant to your global counterparts, product & engineering and the operations excellence team on your regional gateway network operations strategy.
You should have:
- BA/BS degree
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in logistics, freight forwarding, supply chain, carrier operations, or consulting
- Excitement to manage relations and create a best-in-class operational structure
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams in day-to-day execution and process improvement
- Hands-on, process-oriented, structured thinker with strong problem-solving capabilities
- Strategic vision and ground floor execution
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Client service mindset - obsessed with client and squad happiness
- A mastery of internal and external communication
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it!
- The desire to lead, train and develop up and coming industry talent
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Flexport 飞协博生态系统
- Hong Kong Warehouse
- Kuala Lumpur