Senior Analytics Engineer
Creating insights to revolutionize an industry.
The Analytics Engineering team sits within our Insights organization and works alongside Data Analytics, Machine Learning, Data Platform, and Business Intelligence teams. The work of Analytics Engineers supports internal analytics as well as directly supporting customer-facing products and experiences.
We are seeking Senior Analytics Engineers with proven experience in building models that scale and setting data standards for large and complex enterprises.
- Architect, build, publish, and maintain performant and reliable data models and pipelines to power:
- Self-service data consumption throughout the enterprise
- Flexible querying and data visualization
- Advanced analytical and scientific use cases
- Serve as a data steward and subject-matter expert for a dedicated set of business and technology domains.
- Build, maintain, and improve tooling and systems consumed by the Flexport Research team to collect and analyze data.
- Drive data quality by transforming dynamic data and business logic into consistent and trustworthy datasets
- Develop and evangelize development standards and best practices for data modeling and working with our data and tools.
You Should Have:
- 8+ years of work experience querying, visualizing, and presenting data; prior experience at a modern technology company with a well-developed data organization
- Advanced skills with writing clean, performant, scalable SQL
- Advanced familiarity with modern BI tools: Looker, Superset, Metabase
- 6+ years of advanced experience with Snowflake or Bigquery
- 2+ years with dbt or spark-based data pipelines
- 6+ years of extensive experience in schema design and data modeling strategies (e.g. dimensional modeling, data vault, etc)
- Significant experience with general-purpose programming (e.g. Python, Java, Go), dealing with a variety of data structures, algorithms, and serialization formats
- Ability to solve ambiguous problems independently
- Detail oriented and excited to learn new skills and tools
- Ability to write clear, concise documentation, and to communicate generally with a high degree of precision
- Passion for high data quality and building systems and processes that scale
- Ingestion: Kafka, Snowpipe, Fivetran, Data Coral, Mulesoft
- Warehouse: Snowflake
- Orchestration: Astronomer
- Transformation: dbt
- BI: Looker, Snowsight
- Reverse ETL: Mulesoft
- Cloud: AWS
- Other: Terraform, Sumologic
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8 billion, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about what our tech teams have been up to, head to the Engineering Blog.
- Flexport 飞协博生态系统
- Hong Kong Warehouse
- Kuala Lumpur