Build the solutions to help Flexport grow
The Ecosystem team’s mission is to make information exchange in global trade easy for everyone by efficiently, securely and reliably connecting the Flexport Platform with the external Global Trade Ecosystem.
Flexport is a freight forwarder and logistics platform using modern software to make global trade easier for everyone. We are solving complex problems on a global scale, and disrupting a multi-trillion dollar industry that has remained stubbornly unchanged.
Building integrated solutions with the trade and warehouse management, enterprise resource planning, and other systems our customers rely on is a critical component of our strategy. These integrated solutions bring the end-to-end information exchange automation necessary to improve visibility and eliminate inefficient and error prone manual workflows.
We are looking for a talented Solutions Architect to join our team. In this role you will work closely with Flexport customers, their systems, third party systems and partners to design the integrated solutions that drive business value and improve supply chain workflows.
- Develop data integration expertise in the logistics space and a deep understanding of Flexport’s capabilities.
- Lead data integrations with 3rd parties including customers, TMS, WMS, ERP and other systems from discovery and requirements analysis through SIT, UAT and go-live.
- Document functional requirements, data flow designs, use-cases and test scenarios for integrated solutions and solicit sign-off from customers.
- Provide consultative guidance to customers using Flexport’s public-facing APIs.
- Develop collateral, best practices and reusable integrations for use across customers.
- Provide pre-sales support on integration capabilities to the Sales team and their prospects.
- Collaborate with Sales, Client Solutions, Supply Chain Operations, Product Management and Engineering to create feedback loops with our customers to improve product and integration capabilities.
You should have:
- 5+ years software or technology experience in a post-sales Solutions Architect or similar role delivering integration solutions to enterprise customers.
- Practical experience using REST APIs.
- Familiarity with transmission protocols (FTP, SFTP, AS2, etc.), payload / file formats (JSON, XML, delimited files, etc.) and ETL concepts.
- Excellent customer-facing communication skills, comfortable presenting to both technical and executive audiences of all levels, whether impromptu on a whiteboard or using presentations and demos.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, related fields or equivalent experience.
- Willingness to travel (up to 25%).
Bonus points if you have:
- Prior experience in logistics and/or global trade.
- Practical experience with EDI X12 and EDIFACT.
- Experience delivering solutions with enterprise integration platforms such as Dell Boomi or similar.
- Working knowledge of one or more of Shopify, Netsuite, Oracle Transportation Manager, SAP, etc.
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8 billion, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people fromdiverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about what our tech teams have been up to, head to the Engineering Blog.
- Flexport 飞协博生态系统
- Hong Kong Warehouse
- Kuala Lumpur