Senior Manager Security Operations
Enable Flexport to become the most trusted company in global trade.
Flexport helps more than 10,000 clients and suppliers lead all aspects of their supply chain operations. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B from investors that include the Founders Fund, Google Ventures, First Round Capital, Bloomberg Beta, Y Combinator, Wells Fargo, & Softbank.
With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base and we’re excited to continue building a product and service they love. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with committed, encouraging, and resourceful team members.
Flexport is looking for a Senior Manager, Security Operations to lead and grow our global Security Operations team with a focus on enabling secure enterprise and cloud infrastructure. Our Security Operations Managers are responsible for driving process refinement and implementation, cross-team/discipline collaboration, maintenance of internal and external stakeholder relationships, and supervision of our teams.
You will join at an exciting time where the Flexport security team is building and scaling our operations globally. You will be deeply involved in every step of the process—maturing our processes, improving security capabilities, managing the team, and recruiting excellent analysts and engineers.
- Lead a team of Security Operations engineers and analysts focused on business enablement, engineering and operations, service delivery, monitoring and support.
- Collaborate with Engineering, Infrastructure, and IT teams to drive security-by-design across product and enterprise infrastructure and services.
- Drive automation and self-service capabilities that enable the organization with secure frameworks, blueprints, and patterns.
- Partner across the organization to drive remediation of security deficiencies and ensure ongoing alignment with our compliance objectives.
- Deliver security guidance clearly and concisely for cloud and enterprise infrastructure initiatives.
- Collaborate with security managers and leadership to define strategy, roadmap, OKRs, priorities and key metrics for the global Security Operations team.
You should have:
- 10+ years of experience in security-focused infrastructure and operations roles.
- 5+ years of experience managing security engineers and analysts. Experience managing managers is a plus.
- Experience collaborating with infrastructure teams to drive security by design, and continuously evaluate and improve overall security posture.
- Proven track record driving security initiatives across endpoints, servers, networks, and cloud environments.
- In-depth knowledge of common controls for cloud and enterprise infrastructure, as well as vulnerability and mitigations.
- Motivation and ability to grow talent by providing a proper mentorship and performance management environment while prioritizing empathy.
- Desire to take risks and move out of your comfort zone by allowing teams to design new techniques and approaches that drive meaningful change.
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8 billion, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people fromdiverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about what our tech teams have been up to, head to the Engineering Blog.
- Flexport 飞协博生态系统
- Hong Kong Warehouse
- Kuala Lumpur