Engineering Manager, Identity Services
Build the programs to help Flexport grow
Flexport is building the first modern logistics platform to make global trade easier for everyone. We help the world's fastest-growing brands manage their international supply chains, providing a fully managed service for moving their products between any two places on the planet.
At Flexport, you’ll develop products that are at the forefront of reshaping the entire logistics & supply chain industries. You’ll work alongside self-starters interested in solving real-world problems and streamlining the inefficiencies in the complex global trade industry. You’ll have the opportunity to reshape an industry by creating a new operating system for international trade.
The Identity services team is on a mission to build the dominant identity platform for the entire global supply chain.
Identity is critical to Flexport's success:
- We're rebuilding our core platform with the fundamental building blocks to power all Flexport applications.
- Our systems are Tier-1 - They need to be highly available and performant.
- Our systems need to be extensible, self-service, and future-proof - We need to build for future Flexport applications that we haven't discovered yet.
What you will build:
As a part of the team, you will be responsible for building systems across the three pillars of User identity:
- Identity Management: Provide Tier-1 services that are the sources of truth for user identity, profile, and group information.
- Authentication: Provide standards-compliant and consistent single-sign-on authentication experience across all Flexport applications.
- Authorization system that includes a low-latency, highly reliable service for large-scale, fine-grained authorization using Relationship-Based Access Control and Role-Based Access Control.
- Drive the future architecture of the identity platform, collaborating with technical leaders across Flexport.
- Lead, mentor, and grow a group of talented engineers, and help them to progress in their careers.
- Empower the engineering team to achieve a high level of technical productivity, reliability, and simplicity.
- Create the engineering roadmap, and own the technical landscape for the systems driving IAM at Flexport.
- Work closely with our business partners, other engineering teams, and the product manager to distill complex business problems into robust technical solutions.
You should have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience writing software and strong engineering background
- 3+ years of experience managing a team of 5+ software engineers
- Proven track record of building large-scale complex distributed systems. A passion for diving into the nuts and bolts of how things work, and for building high-quality systems.
- A desire to build an inclusive and diverse culture
- Experience scaling products and teams in high-growth environments
- Passion for learning and always improving yourself and others
Bonus if you have:
- Experience migrating large monolithic applications to service-oriented architecture
- Experience building multi-tenant platform API
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8B, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people fromdiverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about what our tech teams have been up to, head to the Engineering Blog.
- Flexport 飞协博生态系统
- Hong Kong Warehouse
- Kuala Lumpur