Technical Program Manager - Tech Ops
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8 billion, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
Flexport’s Security & IT organization is looking for a passionate, results oriented Infrastructure Technical Program Manager with solid security understanding. In this role you will manage the delivery of complex IT / Infrastructure projects with security objectives in a diverse environment with multiple stakeholders and multiple resource pools, to enable Security, Engineering and IT functions/processes throughout the business.
You must be able to initiate and manage programs and dependencies via solid understanding of the Security objectives and the related Engineering and IT platform technologies, communicate clearly among stakeholders and team members, and have a consistent track record of delivery. You are proactive in creating program vision and roadmap, developing and following through on project plans, identifying program/project headwinds, facilitating resolutions, and can handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment. You are able to curate and present relevant data and articulate extremely complex technical dependencies to facilitate informed decision making during escalations.
- Manage multiple complex security, infrastructure and/or IT projects with security objectives in a diverse environment with multiple stakeholders and multiple resource pools under the guidance of security/technology program leadership. Program scope can include anything from infrastructure, platform, integrations, engineering collaborations, etc.
- Work closely with Infrastructure, IT, Security, Engineering, Product Management and cross-functional business leaders to align secure enterprise processes and capabilities for Flexport users
- Drive partnership efforts with stakeholders to develop program and project plans, including roadmap, dependency identifications, resourcing plan and other program/project collaterals as needed
- Analyze business and technical processes and procedures, continuously increase the automation and self-service level of Infrastructure & Security to scale and improve engineering foundations and SecDevOps framework
- Manage project operational aspects, scope, change management, and track scheduled progress through the appropriate metrics to meet changing needs and requirements
- Own the communications clearly, timely and effectively to management on the plans, status and critical issues. Escalate urgent issues appropriately and drive them to closure
- Leverage existing program tools and best practices. Partner with fellow Technical Program Managers to cross train, build trust and amplify program outcomes.
- Proactively remove obstacles by managing issue escalations and scope changes
- Have a bias for action. Be driven, be organized, be resourceful with a “can-do” attitude
What you’ll need:
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- 3-5 years of results-proven technical program management experience in Security, Cloud Infrastructure, IT and/or Engineering. Current knowledge in cloud computing, security, and/or IT.
- Demonstrated ability to apply end-to-end thinking on complex technical dependencies that inherently exist in modern cloud technologies (AWS, GCP, Azure or equivalent) and SecDevOps and/or DevOps technologies (CI/CD, Infrastructure as Code, Incident Automation, etc)
- Solid understanding and applications of the relationships between the Security function and the rest of the company.
- Willingness to learn new technologies and apply existing and new technical knowledge to program management constantly.
- Demonstrated ability to navigate ambiguity and extrapolate concrete requirements, alignment, and next steps
Ideally you also have:
- Certifications in cloud computing, security, and/or IT.
- Experiences in service mesh, kubernetes, data engineering, machine learning, RDBMS and No SQL databases and/or more.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Flexport 飞协博生态系统
- Hong Kong Warehouse