Staff Technical Program Manager
Staff Technical Program Manager
Build the platform that powers global trade!
Flexport helps more than 10,000 clients and suppliers lead all aspects of their supply chain operations. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B from investors that include the SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, Google Ventures and Y Combinator.
With offices and infrastructure on three continents, our team is as global as our client base and we’re excited to continue building a product and service they love. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with passionate and resourceful team members.
We're looking for a Staff Technical Program Manager to develop technology that is reshaping the entire logistics and supply chain industries. You’ll work alongside other self-starters interested in solving complex real-world problems and making global commerce more efficient. You’ll have the opportunity to reshape an industry by creating the new Operating System for Global Trade.
- Partner with global engineering, product and business stakeholders to orchestrate the delivery of the company’s most critical initiatives
- Guide and direct the work of other TPMs on the initiatives you manage
- Mentor other TPMs and help to improve the practices of the TPM organization, leveraging your deep expertise in technology execution
- Drive cross-functional planning and development, ensuring that program tasks complete on-time, and managing to resource, scope and quality constraints
- Clarify ambiguities in product requirements and drive development of technical requirements
- Identify and manage cross-team technology dependencies and align teams on roadmaps to ensure timely delivery of initiatives
- Provide transparency and communication to key stakeholders about program status, risks, and changes in plans
- Proactively identify and remove blockers for the product and engineering teams, and manage stakeholder expectations
- Understand the technical architecture of the solution, analyze data to identify root causes of problems, and partner closely with engineers to resolve technical impediments
- Ensure that software development and continuous integration/continuous delivery guidelines (code Reviews, unit tests, code coverage), and any other compliance requirements, are followed
- Facilitate discussions, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Determine people, process, and technical solutions to address issues
- Coach/mentor new teams on Scrum processes and establish processes and tools for agile execution
You Should Have:
- 8+ years of technical program management experience, including management of large-scale programs
- Strong understanding of software product development and software architecture concepts
- Strength in agile/Scrum processes, project/program planning, organization, and time management
- A data- and metrics-driven mindset
- Ability to effectively manage ambiguity and competing priorities to help teams prioritize and focus
- Excellent communication and presentation skills for engineering and product teams, as well as for business and executive teams
- Self-motivation and ability to work independently
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering or a related discipline
- A "compliance first" attitude to keep our regulators happy and enthusiastic about Flexport since we operate in a heavily regulated industry
Bonus Points If You Have
- Experience working in supply chains, global logistics, or the measurement and optimization of software systems and development processes.
- Experience working with Jira and Confluence
- Experience with the planning functions of the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8 billion, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Flexport 飞协博生态系统
- Hong Kong Warehouse