Senior Technical Program Manager, Global Trade Platform
Build the platform that powers global trade!
Flexport is looking for a strong, technically minded Senior Technical Program Manager (TPM) to join our Platform TPM team. You’ll drive key technical initiatives for our Global Trade Platform, the core of our technology to reshape the world-wide logistics and supply chain industries. You’ll work alongside other self-starters interested in solving complex real-world problems and making global commerce more efficient. Help to create the new Operating System for Global Trade!
- Partner with global engineering, product and business stakeholders to orchestrate the delivery of key initiatives
- Drive cross-functional planning and development, ensuring that program tasks complete on-time, while managing to resource, scope and quality constraints
- Clarify ambiguities in product requirements and drive development of technical requirements
- Identify and manage cross-team technology dependencies and align teams on roadmaps to ensure timely delivery of initiatives
- Provide transparency and communication to key stakeholders about program status, risks, and changes in plans
- Proactively identify and remove blockers for the product and engineering teams, and manage stakeholder expectations
- Understand the technical architecture of the solution, analyze data to identify root causes of problems, and partner closely with engineers to resolve technical impediments
- Facilitate discussions, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Determine people, process, and technical solutions to address issues
You Should Have:
- 5+ years of technical program management experience, including management of large-scale programs
- Strong understanding of software product development and software architecture concepts
- Strength in agile/Scrum processes, project/program planning, organization, and time management
- A data- and metrics-driven mindset
- Ability to effectively manage ambiguity and competing priorities to help teams prioritize and focus
- Excellent communication and presentation skills for engineering and product teams, as well as for business and executive teams
- Self-motivation and ability to work independently
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering or a related discipline
- A "compliance first" attitude to keep our regulators happy and enthusiastic about Flexport since we operate in a heavily regulated industry
Bonus Points If You Have:
- Experience working in supply chains, global logistics, transformation to service-oriented architecture, or the measurement and optimization of software systems and development processes.
- Experience working with Jira and Confluence
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8 billion, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Flexport 飞协博生态系统
- Hong Kong Warehouse
- Kuala Lumpur