Engineering Manager, Business Technology
Design & build solutions to help Flexport scale
The Business Technology team is rapidly growing and we are looking for an Engineering Manager to join the team to focus on delivering some of Flexport’s most important projects to drive our strong growth. You will be responsible for managing a technical team that designs, builds, and maintains the technology stack and business-critical integrations across Sales/Go-To-Market (GTM), Client Experience (CX), People, Finance, and Legal.
- Lead a technical team of administrators and engineers that implement scalable enterprise solutions on the Salesforce, MuleSoft and related SaaS platforms
- Define and drive technical architecture and governance with stakeholders and promote technology and process best practices throughout the organization
- Manage system upgrades, rollouts and implementations, documenting best practices, developing policies and ensuring they are followed
- Review the existing systems landscape and provide guidance on optimization and automation
- Work alongside the team to define code review, design and implementation standards to ensure we build for efficiency, scale, compliance and maintainability
- Partner closely with each individual on the team to define professional goals to ensure they have the resources, support and opportunity needed to advance in their career
- Work cross functionally to help drive complex operational initiatives
You Should Have:
- BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or related field
- 6+ years of hands-on development experience in Salesforce or MuleSoft (certification a plus)
- 3+ years managing technical teams
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and ability to effectively collaborate and drive initiatives cross-functionally
- Experience and a passion for being hands-on with the administration of various business systems and platforms
- Proven track record of managing complex application program portfolios and delivering to the defined objectives
- Strong project management, analytical and organizational skills
- A "compliance first" attitude to keep our regulators happy and enthusiastic about Flexport since we operate in a heavily regulated industry
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8 billion, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Flexport 飞协博生态系统
- Hong Kong Warehouse