Director, People Business Partner - Tech
Build the programs to help Flexport grow
Build people development infrastructure to support continued growth and scale
Flexport’s mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. Our solutions are powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry by reimagining how brands move goods—fast, with confidence, and at scale. Want to tackle global challenges that have an impact on business, society, and the environment? You’ve come to the right place.
As a single-threaded leader of a business segment within the People team, the Director, PBP (People Business Partner) provides an exciting opportunity to contribute your experience and passion for all things talent and people in a complex and global business. This individual will lead and direct a team of People Business Partners (PBP) who power a High Velocity Culture and Career Defining Experiences. This role will report into the VP, People & Org Development and will be part of the People leadership team.
Key job responsibilities:
The leader in this role will be responsible for the development of Flexport’s people experiences across the business, overseeing several lines of work, including: traditional talent management, talent reviews and processes, succession planning, organizational analysis and health, promotion processes, product and tool change management, and partnership with Diversity Equity & Inclusion (DEI). Ultimately, this role defines the long-term vision and roadmap for their business.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Partnering with People and Business leadership to formulate strategy, mitigate risks and drive results
- Working across multiple functions to accelerate the retention and development of talent
- Partnering with the talent acquisition team to build systemic and scalable recruiting programs to create a sustainable pipeline of talent.
- Functioning as a consultant and counselor to key leadership team and their respective organizations; engage in strategic planning meetings to translate business needs into human resources plans
- Leading the annual People efforts relating to Talent and Performance Management, Compensation Management, Succession Planning and Leadership Development for respective client groups
- Driving operational excellence and efficiency in People processes to enable the organization to hire and develop talent at scale and consistently to Flexports Values and Competencies
- Leading and developing a direct team of PBPs (People Business Partners)
You should have:
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited university
- 10+ years building and leading global & diverse human resources teams that are responsible for cross-functional deliverables, preferably supporting sales/customer facing teams in the past
- Demonstrated ability to implement longer term people strategy for a high growth organization and manage high complex business
- Previous experience supporting a diverse customer base, scaling a high growth teams and and organizational transformation while delivering and maintaining high quality systems and experiences
- A "compliance first" attitude to keep our regulators happy and enthusiastic about Flexport since we operate in a heavily regulated industry.
Nice to have:
This is a truly global role that will include interaction with senior executives and requires an understanding of the differing needs of global customers across Flexport. This leader will have experience working in high growth, fast-paced environments and will have served as a critical member of a leadership team in helping a business scale rapidly. The successful candidate will be known as a savvy business executive who is an ambitious, strategic, and results-oriented professional who can engage collaboratively at all levels of the organization. They will be comfortable taking calculated risks and implementing innovative solutions. For this, we need a big thinker who has deeper experience in Organization Development, Organizational Design, or Talent Management is advantageous. As this role is supporting Operations, Business and Commercialization organization, Operations experience/knowledge will be a plus.
- An innate familiarity with understanding talent – and the ever changing workforce to develop and drive the organizational strategy
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, evaluate outcomes and challenge conventional wisdom
- Experience in or demonstrated ability to influence executives and partner teams with or without formal authority
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to travel domestically and globally, as required
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8 billion, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people fromdiverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Flexport 飞协博生态系统
- Hong Kong Warehouse